Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 20.11.2005, 06:37 PM
This forum member lives here

Default Dumping a single TI sound into your sequencer

ok, so how does one do a sysex dump out of the TI and into cubase? I used to do this all the time with my virus c, but can't seem to figure it out with the TI. I have a really cool arrangement I am working on and am scared to death to exit out without saving the individual sounds. I have hooked up a midi cable out of my TI and into my sound card but I can't seem to get any midi data sent over it to cubase. With the Virus C, when I selected it's port as the midi in port in cubase, any knob movements I made on the virus would immediately show data coming in over that midi port - not so with the TI. All I want to do is save the separate individual sounds/parts that I have for this song into their own midi tracks (using sysex). This way I can feel confident that I can recall them once I shut down and restart the system. So, I have midi cable out from TI to Midi In on my layla24. In cubase I create a midi track and select layla in as the in port, but no midi data from the TI.

On the Ti
1. I hit Store Button
2. For Destination I select Dump Single
3. I hit record in cubase
4. I hit store on the TI
result = nothing.
I have also tried selecting Virus TI Midi and Virus TI Synth as the in ports as well, but still nothing.

Can someone please show me where I am going wrong or how to do a single sound dump into cubase using the USB cable? Thanks
Old 20.11.2005, 06:39 PM

as a follow up question, I know that I can just save the tweaked sound to a ram location, but being that I haven't gone through all of the ram spots I would much rather just save the sound in the arrangement until I decide which ram sounds I can overwrite.
Old 20.11.2005, 06:52 PM
Veteran
Veteran

What happens in the TI's display at this point? Does it say "Transmitting.." (it should)?

Sure you're not filtering sysex for Record in SX?
Old 20.11.2005, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben crosland
What happens in the TI's display at this point? Does it say "Transmitting.." (it should)?

Sure you're not filtering sysex for Record in SX?
yeah, it says something like transmitting and then another msg that it completed. And yes, definitely positive that I am not filitering any sysex.
Old 20.11.2005, 07:14 PM

Ben, just curious, but I should be able to use the TI like I did with my virus C, correct? Meaning, if I set the midi in port in cubase to the midi cable coming in from the TI, cubase should register data coming in when I turn knobs on the TI, right? (this was the case with the virus C)
Old 20.11.2005, 07:27 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Yep - and both of the above worked perfectly for me in SX3 when I tried just now

Try doing a full reset (Soft Power Off -press ARP EDIT) and see if that helps.
Old 20.11.2005, 07:36 PM

Ben, once again, thanks for your help.

ok, just to make certain, you are using your midi in port of your midi/audio card as the midi in port in cubase for the dump, correct? Also for the full system reset, I do a soft power off (the two buttons) plus holding the ARP Edit button as well? I looked in the manual but didn't see anything about the ability of doing a system reset.