Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 25.02.2009, 06:14 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by seantyas View Post
access wrote me trying to weasle out of this.

"This "smearing" is what we have designed it to do"
oh man what a joke.
That sounds very odd, designed to do?
Old 26.02.2009, 08:53 AM
Veteran
Veteran

People with this timiming in VC mode try to avoid USB1, or Analog1.
I've had good success doing this, also mooving a bad patch to another part. Then filling the part with INIT patch.
Also set any unused parts to anything not USB1 or Analog1.
I know the timiming isues scince virus b. and now use OS3 TI desktop.
Old 26.02.2009, 09:29 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
access wrote me trying to weasle out of this.

"This "smearing" is what we have designed it to do"
oh man what a joke.
WTF Access?!
Old 01.03.2009, 03:31 AM
Complete Newbie

it's a feature, not a bug!

hmm....i disagree, Access.

incidentally, i still haven't heard back from Access support regarding my specific timing issue. last i heard from them, they said they'd get back to me as soon as winter namm had concluded. so either that means they're going "lalalalala i can't hear you" or they've actually found something and are looking into it further.

i'm guessing OS3 is giving them more trouble than anticipated.
Old 21.04.2009, 07:39 AM
Very mucho Newbie

hey whoever posted that logic session with the different bounces in it. I just tested your sequence but being played back not by midi, but by the VC

and timing is attrocious... BUT

The one thing i notice... timing is ONLY affected when you are using UNISON modes.

will this shed any light as to what is going on...
Old 22.04.2009, 08:17 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkeeley View Post
aaaaaaand since i clearly haven't posted enough today on this topic, i've made a bit of a breakthrough.

in VC mode, everything is rock solid. it's only in MIDI standalone mode where the timing goes to hell and back. again, no problems with my other synths whatsoever using the same MIDI interface(s), cables, etc.

so, it must simply be the way the TI is handling MIDI input info. or at least that seems to be the case with mine.

hope this helps in any way, however insignificant.

cheers,
Paul.
odd that ur problem only occurs in midi mode.. mine is both present in VC AND midi modes, also present whether i use TI as my interface OR my m-audio, ALSO when i use analog outs (all outs).

BUT here is one interesting tidbit... DOESNT happen for me in ableton. plays PERFECT there. Something is up with the connecttion btwn logic to leopard or logic to VC or both.
Old 23.04.2009, 05:47 AM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
odd that ur problem only occurs in midi mode.. mine is both present in VC AND midi modes, also present whether i use TI as my interface OR my m-audio, ALSO when i use analog outs (all outs).

BUT here is one interesting tidbit... DOESNT happen for me in ableton. plays PERFECT there. Something is up with the connecttion btwn logic to leopard or logic to VC or both.
hmm very interesting, however i seem to recall having the same issues when testing with ableton (live 7) as when testing with logic. i'm still running OS 10.4.11 though. again, it's odd that only the TI seems affected, as every single other piece of outboard gear doesn't exhibit this erratic behavior.

also i should note that i haven't been taking unison mode into account - i know that completely destroys the timing (which is i guess kind of the point). what i'm talking about is just the raw sounds in MIDI mode. the timing discrepancy isn't as drastic as with unison engaged, but it's most definitely still there for me.

regardless, thanks for testing and for your insight!
Old 23.04.2009, 06:05 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Unison shouldnt destroy timing at all, as a hardcore user of this facility in, Vstation, es2, NI Massive, and quite a few others, unison mode never affects a patch's ability to play 3-4 note chords extremely tightly.

unison is no excuse for a synth to act badly ESPECIALLY when its the only part of 16 parts loaded
Old 23.04.2009, 07:08 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Okay I have uploaded a logic session to www.seantyasmusic.com/testfoldervirus

Anyone who uses logic 8 with a virus TI, PLEASE download, unzip, run this session and just literally bounce this exactly to a 192 kbps (Realtime bounce obviously).

I am compiling an already 7+ user complaint. but would be good to get about 10-15 people who ALL have this problem.. That kind of thing can not be ignored or denied. This is bullshit. Regardless as to if the problem is Logic's or the Virus', it's Access responsibility to make sure it works correctly.
Old 24.04.2009, 05:00 AM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Okay I have uploaded a logic session to www.seantyasmusic.com/testfoldervirus

Anyone who uses logic 8 with a virus TI, PLEASE download, unzip, run this session and just literally bounce this exactly to a 192 kbps (Realtime bounce obviously).
i'm guessing you would prefer if we ran the Virus in VC mode? i can also do a MIDI standalone bounce if you like.