Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 03.07.2009, 02:10 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Just keeping an eye on this thread.
Did a test with an old 1.8Ghz laptop, fresh install windows xp.
Cubase 3.1, and virus TI install.
I got almost sample accurate timing with a test project that I normally get plus or minus 8 milliseconds with on my AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual 6000+

The only stand out differences are:
Intel not AMD
Laptop only has USB 1.1
Laptop is self contained, AMD system has lots of cables going in out of it (RF probs??)
Laptop has almost nothing installed, AMD has a hundreds vst/vsti, Net, office, graphics apps all over it.

I'm going to devise tests to eliminate some of the above like a fresh install on the AMD with on HD, no peripherals etc.
Old 23.07.2009, 04:21 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

just thought i'd post on this issue again, even though the latest 3.0.4.00 beta has not solved the matter. i've again contacted access support to notify them of this. i'm guessing the r&d department isn't anywhere close to even considering this issue.

still frustrated at having such a potentially great machine that can only reliably be used for pads.
Old 24.07.2009, 04:16 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Update on my AMD vs Intel test, I found the problem was the AMD Cool and Quiet feature had turned itself on in the motherboard. Turning it off fixed the sloppy timing (+ or - 10ms bad). Now it's a tight b*%&#! The Cool and Quiet feature can default to on if your CMOS battery goes flat or you update your mobo bios.

I get the occasional ARP let go.(once or twice a session). but the notes themselves hang onto + or - 2ms.
Old 30.08.2009, 04:36 AM
Veteran
Veteran

So a few weeks later and the timing is out the window again, cool and quiet feature still turned off in motherboard bios and same exact cubase file shows sample accurate timing on my old slow 1.8ghz laptop. Maybe I sould dump my AMD machine and go get an Intel one.
Anyway going to try updating stuff...
Anyone else with bad timing and AMD systems???
Old 05.09.2009, 02:29 PM
Veteran
Veteran

OK, just talking to myself here, did a total uninstall of access and virus ti software etc, cleaned registry of traces of access and virus ti stuff. (I've had the same XP and virus ti combo for over 3 years )
Fresh installed 3.0.5 and got sample accurate timing, yay!
But lots of stuck notes and less polyphony, no joy.
Two tweaks later and back to normal...
The tweaks are:
Regedit - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Access Music\Virus TI\Virus Control
change ShowMIDIActivityMeters to 0 ( something to do with my graphics setup and dual view vertical monitors or what ever )
and
Lower RME buffer to 512 from 768
Each of these tweaks alone doesn't stop the stuck notes but together they are bliss.
Old 09.09.2009, 07:06 AM
Veteran
Veteran

One more thing, if your using another sound card disable the 'Virus TI Audio 2.x.xx' driver in device manager.
Old 15.11.2009, 09:35 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
OK, just talking to myself here, did a total uninstall of access and virus ti software etc, cleaned registry of traces of access and virus ti stuff. (I've had the same XP and virus ti combo for over 3 years )
Fresh installed 3.0.5 and got sample accurate timing, yay!
But lots of stuck notes and less polyphony, no joy.
Two tweaks later and back to normal...
The tweaks are:
Regedit - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Access Music\Virus TI\Virus Control
change ShowMIDIActivityMeters to 0 ( something to do with my graphics setup and dual view vertical monitors or what ever )
and
Lower RME buffer to 512 from 768
Each of these tweaks alone doesn't stop the stuck notes but together they are bliss.

hmm this has been very interesting this thread as we have had latency problems since having the ti we have had it on two systems we have never been able to get it working using virus control, we do however use two moniters and i notice here you mension duel view being a problem maybe? what have you done here mate to get rid of your problems? have you turned these services off or something?
Old 17.11.2009, 06:42 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah, the re-install / clean out of registry was probably the biggest thing. Now printing mixdowns is about painless as using other other vsti-s.
One time since then I got some spazz timing but noticed I changed the buffer on the RME to 1024 for something else, then changed back to 512 and all was well again.

Newborn: Good luck with your quest, everything I suggest is in my post you quoted.
Old 17.11.2009, 01:11 PM
New here
New here

thanks mate il give this a whirl and il let you know how i get on
Old 10.07.2010, 01:17 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Wink

Is this problem solved?

I really miss my TI Keyboard(the sound of course) sold it couple of years ago because of problems with VC and timing issues as in this thread.

Please TI and TI2 users can u tell me that Access have fixed the problem or not?