Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 16.08.2003, 11:23 AM
This forum member lives here

If I were u Blank....Id get into a habbit of writing songs regularly....more so than making soundsets. Dont rely on material u did 2-3 yrs ago.......chances are it sounds a bit dated already.

U want a record deal? Go and make something really fresh and original. That is where the money is made...not in soundsets. Just my bullshit opinion of course

j/k

lmao

DS
Old 16.08.2003, 12:56 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

want a record deal do something commercial.....
fresh can take some time and harder to do
Old 16.08.2003, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Blank - Listened to your trax at mp3.com - very well produced - Was your virus your main synth?

Yo Tomer, or DigiS, or indeed anyone else, do you have any of your stuff online to listen to, as well, lads?
Old 16.08.2003, 01:45 PM
New here
New here

Default Re: What is the Fattest sounding synth you have ever used?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
The fattest sounding synths ive ever used are:How about you guys?

DS
I think the fattest I ever tried (and owned) was the ELKA SYNTHEX
http://www.vintagesynth.org/elka/elkasyn.shtml
Old 22.10.2003, 10:35 PM
New here
New here

Default TURNKEY- Cockney for wankers

I got my Virus from TURNKEY. I won't be buying anything else off 'em. I was visiting friends in London & took the opportunity to visit their 'showroom', to compare & listen to different synths. First impressions were dissapointing, it was small, dingy, crowdy & noisey - not at all as it appears in its press adverts. Anyway I'd pretty much decided I was buying before I went in and so after an hour or so I went to the sales counter & attempted to buy myself a VirusC. They had one on display at ?999 (English Pounds). Not a problem they said & sent someone to fetch one from the stores. When they took my card, however, they attempted to charge me ?1079. Naturally I queried this and was told that due to demand & the fact that no-one else had them (they are the sole UK distributors) the price had gone up. I pointed out that the price tag on the display model was ?999 and refused to pay anymore. They then claimed that they hadn't got any left themselves, that it would take a couple of weeks to get one to me and implied that if I didn't place a deposit for it there and then the price could well increase further.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, as I was about to walk out in disgust they managed to 'find' a Virus from somewhere and after consultation with some higher authority, agreed with obvious reluctance and very bad grace, to give it to me for ?999.
Although I had in a sense won the consession from them it didn't feel like much of a victory. I should have been excited about my purchase, instead I felt like I'd escaped a fleecing from some grubby con artist.
The consumer synth market in the UK is pretty much tied up by 2 operators, TURNKEY & DIGITAL VILLAGE. I've bought off both of them a number of times, experiences which have never been truly satisfactory, & have often felt in some way adversarial - they'll never just quote you their best price, for instance, rather they ask you what price you have been quoted elsewhere. I suppose they would argue that the onus is on the customer to drive a bargain. My perception, which was very much bourne out by the above, is that they are always more than willing to try it on, ready to take advantage of the unwary customer.

Happily, I've had no problems with my Virus (indeed I love it), and no further dealings with TURNKEY.

Is TURNKEY supposed to be spealt with an 'N'?
Old 23.10.2003, 06:05 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

ok after some time....
the fatest synth i've ever played with was the moog minimoog.... indeed
the jupiters are also realy fat but they cant beat that mega fat moog bass....
Old 09.11.2003, 10:19 PM
New here
New here

Fattest, hands-down? Moog Voyager with "insert" jack improperly used as feedback/gain, patched into external input. Everything else is, well, a bit polite and well-behaved in comparison.

Hi, all. Just got a Virus B for a killer price. Originally intended to sell it on ebay to make some money, but fell in love with the versatility and zipper-less parameter changes.

-Hoax
Old 17.11.2003, 09:38 PM
New here
New here

Heh, i have a monopoly. Although I can never make it shimmer for trance i still feel it has a certain grit i cant get anywhere else. I just heard that the pulse plus as a midi/cv converter, that makes it a smart buy as I have no midi on the old monopoly.

I still think i should trade in my nova laptop on a nord lead 2 or nord modular, what do you all think?

I just got a Korg SX and i think its phat considering you can sample your heart out and get the drum machine and sampler fix in one box.
Old 18.11.2003, 04:36 AM
New here
New here

Do it for the NL2, n0303. Do it for the interface alone.

-Hoax
Old 20.11.2003, 05:00 PM

TURNKEY REALLY PISS ME OFF

DS