Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 26.04.2005, 05:46 PM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatembr
We have what we always dreamt of, seperate delay/reverb, more poly, more waveforms, wavetable, a bigger LCD, hey!! forgot all this?
I dont think anyone has forgotten about these features. To be honest.....these features alone justify a new Virus . It is annoying however, that when you buy the TI....it *will* be superceeded by a better TI synth in a few years. I blame the way i feel on capitalist ideologies.....

I shouldnt really complain......new products drive the market....one just has to except this (I find it difficult sometimes).

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 26.04.2005, 06:47 PM
Pro
Pro

Send a message via ICQ to hatembr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS
It is annoying however, that when you buy the TI....it *will* be superceeded by a better TI synth in a few years.
This is true for every synth and every product in general, why did poeple buy Juno60 while they knew Roland could make the 106.. I mean it is so obvious Access will release new synths, whether they call it Virus TI or KI or ZI, what's the difference? there will be a better synth periodically.
DS, when you bought your KC you knew they were certainly working on a newer virus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS
I shouldnt really complain......new products drive the market....one just has to except this .
so what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS
(I find it difficult sometimes)
ah
Old 26.04.2005, 07:25 PM

i'm sure a lot of you would appear to glady pay the extra money for a "usb 2.0" output but its not like you pay 10 dollars more for a fancier plug...

you have to concider that the usb is just a door. the bandwidth is the size of the door. everything that goes in and out of the door is controlled by other things, ie: the motherboard, the dsp chips, the memory

if you guys wanted 96khz and 64 bit for 16 stereo channels which is 7.1 surround sound, i imagine that price of the TI would be at least double or triple (maybe quadrople)

I dunno about you but i'm not ready to spend 9k-12k on a VA. Access Virus will make a new TI some day yes, but will have to wait till hardware with this type of capabilities is cheap.

If you guys thought about this in desktop terms, you sound like "OMFG I want a pentium 9.0ghz with 20 gigs of ram, why doesn't Dell make that computer? I'd gladly pay 10 bucks more for a fancier Intel sticker"

heh
Old 26.04.2005, 07:53 PM

good points. I was thinking that it would have been a few hundred dollars more for usb 2, but if were talking a thousand or more, then there's no doubt that that would have been a deal breaker for many. In the end, the new features and improvements are certainly enough to make me want to pick up a TI anyways. I'll just have to sell off some older synths to free up some analog ins on my Echo layla 24!
Old 26.04.2005, 08:03 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
just use the synth as a powerful VA. Personally I fall within this bracket of customer....
Amen to that
The integration stuff seems a little gimicky to me, might just be my ignorance
Old 26.04.2005, 09:20 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default USB2

I think this whole USB2 / Firewire thing is getting blown out of proportion to the detriment of the fantastic new features that you WILL be getting with the Virus TI.

It's still a tremendous leap from the C Series and more than justifies the upgrade in my book. I can't believe anybody would wait say, 18 months for the Firewire TI 2 upgrade - if it happens.

I've cancelled my pre-order but I'll be back checking the TI out when I can buy the thing!
Old 27.04.2005, 04:13 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Fumer Send a message via Yahoo to Fumer

I'm still holding onto my order. I'm not missing the money too much up the moment. Though I live in and apartment with a roommate, I'm single, and I'm 23, so money is mainly just needed for school.

I don't really care too much about the USB stuff. I personally wnat it for the new filter and sounds and the capability to save and load patches on my computer through one easy usb connection instead of the hard way which I've never really been able to do. I'm buying for the synth, I don't use software synths, so therfore dont' care about those features.
Old 27.04.2005, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten
I think anyone waiting for the TI (especially people who have pre-ordered) have every right to be completely pissed off.

ten
...and slightly insane

i think people would be less concerned with the shortcomings of the TI if the thing was actually in their studio, and they could focus a little more on what the thing *can* do.

cheers

blay
Old 27.04.2005, 08:50 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackborn
The thing that's really getting me is that no VST I use has 16 stereo outs. I drop down Halion in a track, I use the first pair of outs, occasionally the second -- but it only has 3 total. Same deal with absynth and z3ta and all the other softsynths I use. I've never once said "DAMN if only I had 10 more pairs of stereo outs."

Sure, it'd be nice. Sure everyone wants it. But it's not in this generation of hardware. But it's not in this generation of hardware. Either use what's there or wait for the next.
If you'll put your handbag away for one moment...

You're missing my point: Zeta/Absynth are single monotimbral synths, and therefore don't need more than one output. Halion, Kontakt etc are multitimbral, and you're not going to get very far trying to run drums, plus a few sample libraries out the same output, expecting to EQ and effect them individually using your favourite plugins.

All I'm saying is it's a shame that it looks as though TI will be limited in this respect, as having access to all the synths parts within a VST environment would have been superb. It's not Total Integration if two-thirds of the synth aren't integrated. I'm sure it'll be a great synth, but as a musician primarily working with software I'm sure you can understand this is my main concern.

For ?1500 you'll have to excuse me for wanting to know why Firewire/USB2 isn't feasible. For that price I can go and buy a Powercore + Virus VST for it (plus the usual plugins), and have change for a hardware Virus.

The TI looked on paper to be an elegant solution to all this, and respect to Access for pulling this off - it's the logical next step. But to have a 16-part synth and have just two stereo VST outputs? I'd rather they make another version that's just 2-part multitimbral with VST integration and cut the price to under a grand.
Old 27.04.2005, 09:30 PM
Pro
Pro

You people are all so concerned about the USB thing. I just don't get it. It might be nice to see all your synth channels up on the screen in front of you, but if you are running your audio down USB, then you might as well be using a softsynth because you will no longer be getting the benefits of an output stage and some voltage running through your sound which is what gives hardware that raw edge to its sound.

If you want all channels up on a vst, get a softsynth and a USB controller.

/end rant