Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > The forum members' music

The forum members' music Here you can post links to your music and listen to and comment other forum members' music.

Old 23.01.2009, 06:59 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Default Moons of Jupiter - Stylie PsyMelodic Prog Techno

My Current jammy jam. I do hope you like it. There is a section in there that needs a touch of reworking. Your ears and heart chakra will thank me I hope.

It's called, "Moons of Jupiter"

It's got some...
1) Alesis Andromeda (Most of the synths/ bass/ efx)
2) Virus TI (Pads, percs w/tweaked delay, some bass)
3) Jupiter 8 (The buzzing background sounds in the beginning and computery sounds)
4) Blofeld (Reversed Bell-like Sounds)
5) Battery (Drums)

Link::
http://www.schiavonedesign.com/andre...%2012-5-08.wav

Last edited by Monobeat : 23.01.2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 23.01.2009, 09:10 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

I like that stumbling feel at the start. A bit harsh at certain instances, but a good mix would make it sound kickass.
Since you are doing all kinds of psychedelic randomness, try giving the 4/4 beat some twist too

I love ze Psychedelia. Hmmm, I didn't know they had a Forum Member's Music Section. I'll post mine up too

Cool stuff Mono.
________
Honda I-SHIFT picture

Last edited by Splat! : 29.01.2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 23.01.2009, 09:22 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Thanks man. I am working out the timing in the stumbly parts still. It's played live and I've manually quanitized most of it. I wanted to hear some reactions sooner than later. Thanks Splat for stopping by and giving her a listen!!!

Music is our language.
Old 23.01.2009, 09:47 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Hi Monobeat, Nice interesting pallete of sounds in there very warm sounding, i like it
Old 23.01.2009, 10:03 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Woooorrrrdddd...... Tricky!! Are you the real Trickky? I wouldn't doubt it these dayz...

Thanks for mentioning the interesting palette. I too feel that this combination of sounds produces a tingly sensation when mushed together.
Old 24.01.2009, 02:27 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Listening, right now, on Sennheiser HD600 cans.
Just as my own personal preference, I am not fond of the 4 on the floor drum beat. I dislike all 4-on-the-floor.. This is a pretty cool tune though. I like your use of sidechaining. I felt the song started a little slowly and could perhaps have used some more layers. Your programming is really nice :>

Listening further on, the jittery thing in the timing is pretty cool but I think the sidechaining is maybe a bit extreme and not letting it come through properly. A third of the way through now, some really cool FX going on here. I like bass sound, shows off the filters very nicely. Drums sound a tad clean, personally I would distort them a bit to dirty them up. (Possibly some timing issues on the toms..?) The bass sound is really good and warm sounding, the (what I presume is) cutoff automation works really nicely during the transititions.

Two thirds through, song sounding a bit empty... ah, breakdown inc. Really nice section here. This is all very nicely produced by the way, particularly in terms of EQ. Not sure about the key change, it works but it's not very decisive, imho could use a little more emphasis on the anticipation of the change, more obvious fills or something. I really like the little lead sound in the centre of my head with its pitch sliding up and down, very...electronic sounding, if that's not a stupid thing to say on an all-synth track :>

It's finished. First impressions, nice tune man ! Production quality is excellent, there are a few things I would do differently and the song structure leads it to feeling a tad repetitive at times, but there are some really cool sounds and transititions. Four on the floor isn't my thing but the kick is so sweet sounding it's difficult not to like it.

-Annikk
Old 26.01.2009, 06:01 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Thanks Annik! I appreciate the comments for sure. This track is 100% unfinished and it's a week of solid inspiration. It's time to tweak it with those lovely comments and concerns in mind. I totally agree with each of those comments.