Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music

General discussion about music An area for general music releated threads.

Old 14.01.2008, 12:38 AM
This forum member lives here

Default Spectrasonics and NAMM

it's been over two years since Spectrasonics came out with RMX (and I am still finding new ways to use this amazing vst). Here's a teaser poster of what they have in store for this Thursday. Since I own all of their products, I'm pretty certain I'll be buying this whatever it is !

http://www.spectrasonics.net/news/2008/anticipation
Old 15.01.2008, 01:40 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Interesting, indeed.
How would you rate RMX? I've used the original stylus, but it was rather limiting.
Woudn't new and improved atmosphere be nice?
adrian
Old 15.01.2008, 03:31 PM

Hi Adrian. I would say that the classic stylus can do about 5% of what RMX is capable of. It is probably one of the most versatile and creative plugins I have used to date. There probably isn't a week that goes by where I don't chop up some of my own audio material and import it into RMX for further manipulation. If you liked what the classic stylus could do, you will love RMX. I would recommend checking out the videos on their site as they should give you a pretty good feel as to its capabilities.

Agreed, i think the teaser may have something to do with atmosphere, though it has to be more than just an updated engine an sounds. Spectrasonics are known as innovators and have spent a long time on this, so it's probably going to be something groundbreaking (I hope)
Old 15.01.2008, 04:12 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Thanks for the prompt response.
Despite original stylus' lack of versitality, I like it. So, I'm picking up RMX off my local dealer today - they have one copy in stock for 270$ CAD. Yey for me! The RMX is native intel based AU...can't go wrong.

And I hope it's a new Atmo they'll annouce (I was never really into Trillogy). I'd buy the current one, but I had some exerince with it in logic 8 - damn, that AU wrapper is terrible. Tons of crashes and the CPU usage is crazy.

Thanks again,
Adrian
Old 16.01.2008, 05:19 PM

hey great choice to pick it up, you won't be disappointed.

couple of things I would highly recommend -
1. watch all the video tutorials - they really show you the ins and outs of the instrument.
2. pay special attention to the tutorial on edit groups - this is a very, very powerful feature of rmx and really is a key component for unlocking its true potential
3. check out the sage expanders by spectrasonics and ilio's - they rock (I know as I own them all
4. check out recycle from propellerheads. I use this program to cut up just about everything i can get my hands on and import it into RMX
5. remember to think outside the box - I use RMX for all manners of sounds - drums, bass, guitars, soundscapes etc. There really isn't any limitation on what you can run through the instrument.

have fun and let me know if you have any questions
Old 17.01.2008, 02:42 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

thanks for tips...
i've been watching the videos (theres so many of them), and wow...i thought rmx was an updated version of stylus, boy was i wrong. i didnt get a chance to really play with it yet - been organizing my libaries, copying cds, but i watched about a third of the vidoes and rmx is what is exactly what i wanted.

Few more yours to the release of their new product....i'll still get it, whatever it is, but i hope its atmosphere in rmx version

adrian
Old 17.01.2008, 04:58 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

http://it-review.net/index.php?optio...924&Itemid=131

As it's omnisphere, aka atmosphere2
Old 17.01.2008, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Among the many unique features this new multitimbral synth offers are its flexible arpeggiators with the innovative Groove Lock™ integration with Stylus RMX - allowing the arpeggiator’s pattern to instantly groove with the feel of the RMX drum loop
very, very cool.
Old 17.01.2008, 05:38 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Yup...omnisphere's to atmoshphere will be like stylus to rmx...
but sept 08....wtf
Old 17.01.2008, 05:53 PM

yeah, that sounds about right. I remember having to wait about that long to purchase RMX after it was announced. But man, this thing looks absolutely massive!! Sonic State should have videos of Eric demonstrating it later on.