Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 24.07.2016, 12:18 AM
New here
New here

Default Playing samples from an MPC into Virus TI

Hi everyone, 1st post here, lovin my Virus TI desktop it does almost everything I need it too, except sample.......

I know it's not a sampling machine but is there any alternative ways that I can play samples with my Virus TI?

Preferably with my MPC1000, and hoping to steer clear of a computer or iPad.

So I can have, say, a 'sitar' sample on my MPC and play/process it thru my Virus in different notes and octaves across the keyboard?

Really hoping there's a way I can make this happen.

Thanks in advance.
Og.
Old 29.07.2016, 06:33 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Check out the input presets: They allow you to use the Virus as an effect section for any audio like from your MPC. The effected sound will then come out of the Virus outputs. Combine the with Multi Mode and you can do what you want, I think.
Old 29.07.2016, 09:16 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

1) To send note data to the MPC from your Virus:- connect Virus TI MIDI Out into MPC Midi In, and make sure they're set to the same MIDI channel
2) To send the MPC audio output to Virus:- connect MPC audio outs into Virus TI audio inputs
3) To enable audio-in on Virus TI: choose one of the initialised patches (usually called -START- or -Init-), then select from the menu: "Edit > Common > Input Mode > Off/Static/Dynamic"

To enable audio in, you'll want to choose either Static or Dynamic from the above. If you want to use the Virus as a conventional effects box choose Static. If you want to also gate the incoming audio using the Virus keyboard, which brings the Virus Amp/Filter envelopes, LFOs and other modulators into play effectively treating the audio-ins as oscillators, choose Dynamic. For more info on Static vs Dynamic: http://www.infekted.org/virus/showth...939#post302939

Once enabled (in Static or Dynamic mode), to the right of the Input Mode you can select which audio inputs you wish to inject into the Virus.

Now you can play the MPC from the Virus and have the MPC outputs go to the Virus effects and add whatever you want to the input. You can also use the standard Virus filters, resonance on the audio input too, and even use LFOs and stuff to modulate these. In the case of Dynamic mode, you'll want to edit the Virus Amp EGs, et al, as this will effectively add a second layer of envelopes in series after the ones on the MPC themselves.

To use a full stereo signal, make sure oscillator Unison = 2 voices. This enables the required two voices of polyphony to process both inputs.
Old 30.07.2016, 03:24 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

And of course there's the Virus TI Atomizer, which granularizes any streaming audio-in, the timings of which depend on the keys pressed on the Virus keyboard:

You may wish to disable Virus MIDI out to the MPC when using Atomizer in this case to avoid triggering conflicts with the MPC. Atomizer isn't usually used for triggering external samples, as such, it's more for processing streaming audio via the audio-in.

^ oops, edited Youtube video syntax, should work now

Last edited by Timo : 01.08.2016 at 04:17 PM.
Old 01.08.2016, 12:24 AM
New here
New here

Awesome. Just the info I was after. Thankyou. I will now get my MPC out of storage and have a crack, I'll report back.......
Old 18.08.2016, 03:46 AM
New here
New here

Ok, it would seem that the setup mentioned above, does work quiet well, in terms of triggering samples from the MPC. It is basically using the keys on the keyboard instead of / as well as the pads on the MPC to playback samples.

What I am wanting to do is use the MPC as a kind of sound module and load up a 'sitar' (or any instrument) sample in C5, and the virus can change the notes in terms of pitch and octave of that sample across its keys.........

I don't think it can be done.

I can however load up a program in the MPC called 'sitar' and inside that program have all oneshot samples of the instrument in all its keys and then use the virus to play them.

I suppose I really need a sampling keyboard huh......