Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 27.09.2016, 01:42 PM
New here
New here

Exclamation External Input, Virus C

Hi,

I'm new to Virus synths and I have a really simple question that I don't seem to find an answer to. There are two external inputs on Virus C. All my googling has lead to using Virus as an effect module for the external input. But what I'd like to do is just plug another synthesizer in the input and play Virus sounds as well while both synth sounds would come out of the Virus output. When I turn the external input on on the effect section Virus stops playing. Is there some other options for the input or is it even possible?

Sai
Old 29.09.2016, 11:50 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Hi Sai, you're looking at using 'Multi' mode, allowing two or more Singles to be used at the same time. One of the singles would be dedicated to using the external in, and the other for playing a different virus synth sound over the top.
Old 01.10.2016, 04:35 AM
New here
New here

Hi Timo,

Thanks for your reply! Why didn't I think of this, now it seems very logical. I'll try it out today. Thanks
Old 13.10.2016, 01:00 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

No worries. On the patch used for external audio-in, be sure to increase Unison to 2 if you wish to use both inputs (stereo). This will however reduce overall polyphony of the Virus by an additional voice respectively as using audio-in requires 1 voice of polyphony for mono, or 2 for stereo.