Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 17.10.2016, 03:32 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Smile A few noob questions - tempo, hold

Hi, folks,

I just got a TI2 Desktop... loving it, so far, but two questions...

In regard to an easy way to adjust the tempo of something, such as an arpeggio, I can't seem to find any way to do it. There's the SHIFT-RELEASE, but that requires two hands, and I'd want to do it while playing. What I'm curious about is the softkeys... I noticed, when going through them, there's a name called "tempo" but I can't seem to find the corresponding action to assign to it. I suspect there's something simple out there (like one of those "control" commands), but I don't know where to start. Interestingly, when I use my Korg Minilogue as a controller (a temporary solution until my new one gets here), when I turn the Tempo knob on the ML, it works perfectly. What command do I assign to a softkey to control the tempo, with one knob, easily?

Also, I know one can use a latch/hold for an arpeggio, is there a way to do this for a pad?

Thanks in advance!
Old 19.10.2016, 09:14 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

The name "tempo" doesn't mean anything - you're supposed to pick a name that best describes the soft key's effect, but it is not assigned to any specific parameter by itself. You basically have two options:
- find a device that sends MIDI clock that can be adjusted easily (this is the ultimate standalone one, but many sequencers and controller keyboards can do it)
- find out how to control the Virus clock by SysEx and program a controller to do that. I'd like to be more helpful here, but the Virus TI SysEx documentation doesn't seem to be easily available (there's this, but being from 1999 I'm not sure if it applies to the TI)

In any case, keep in mind that tempo applies to the whole synth, rather than a single patch.

As for your second question - I'm pretty sure it's impossible. The amplifier is controlled solely by the volume envelope, triggered by MIDI note - there's no "VCA level" parameter.
Old 20.10.2016, 01:04 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordradish View Post
Also, I know one can use a latch/hold for an arpeggio, is there a way to do this for a pad?

Thanks in advance!
Away from home/studio at the mo, but try "hold" as the keymode setting. (usually it's set to poly or mono1/2/3/4).
Old 20.10.2016, 01:31 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Thank you!