Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 17.01.2015, 02:21 AM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by seapad View Post
The best hardware step sequencer in my opinion is the Cirklon (www.cirklon.com), I use it to run my desktop Virus Ti and a Polar Ti2 - and everything else in the studio. No latency - perfect timing all the time, and up to 64 tracks.
Its not cheap but I think its excellent value - and if you have less to spend you could look for a 2nd hand P3 sequencer (made by the same fella).
Thanks for this, I wanted to fix the link for you as it had an unwanted parenthesis:

http://www.cirklon.com

I think they look nice for someone needing hardware only. I just can't imagine spending the cost of a PC or laptop for something that does only about .0001% of what a computer can do. Cables running to either, one way or another. MIDI latency would be about the same whether USB or MIDI. Most of the time when you hear latency woes related to the Virus it is about audio over USB , IMHO.
Old 19.01.2015, 04:05 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBTC View Post
I just can't imagine spending the cost of a PC or laptop for something that does only about .0001% of what a computer can do.
Thanks for correcting the link.

I don't think you would find many Cirklon users that would agree with you (me included!).

As a hardware composer I had always used the Roland MC80 and before that the MC50 - but the Cirklon goes much further as a composing tool/sequencer. I also like the fact that the gentleman that makes them is always on hand through the Cirklon forum and there are regular firmware updates.
Old 19.01.2015, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seapad View Post
Thanks for correcting the link.

I don't think you would find many Cirklon users that would agree with you (me included!).

As a hardware composer I had always used the Roland MC80 and before that the MC50 - but the Cirklon goes much further as a composing tool/sequencer. I also like the fact that the gentleman that makes them is always on hand through the Cirklon forum and there are regular firmware updates.
I didn't mean it's not a nice piece of gear, it is and I'm sure it's well supported. I was speaking strictly about functionality of computer software versus hardware devices in a more general sense, it doesn't apply only to the Cirklon.
Old 19.01.2015, 08:56 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

wow! I think this is what I've searching around but the price is too high in this moment for me... I've see also the Machinedrum is able to pilot any external gear or vst...
It can be found used at minor price...
do you have nay experience whit machinedrum?
the worst thing about my pc solution is that I can't (or Im not Able to do) configure my virus ti as well in my licensed Logic Pro, and I can't (or Im not able to do this) work together with Virus and Edirol Ua 25...I can record midi events but I can't record any pot movement so for now I have to play and record only audio tracks playing track by tracks... Is a little bit long for the composing process... So is also for this problem that I'm searching some different way...
Old 22.01.2015, 08:50 PM
Complete Newbie

all I'm using now to sequence my TI and Kc is an akai MPC 1000 & 2500 with a custom firmware (JJOS).
I finally found my sequencing grail. If you're into hardware, you should check 'em out.
Old 07.02.2015, 12:45 AM
Am starting to like this forum

I'm probably going to try a Korg Electribe ESX-1, for this purpose. I don't have a drum machine or sampler, so it can act as both, plus control the Snow. You can run the Snow outputs back through the ESX, so you only have one lot of outputs to deal with, plus also use the ESX effects, etc.

EG
Old 22.02.2015, 12:14 PM
Complete Newbie

Hi! I've found this one...
http://www.squarp.net/index.html
Old 22.02.2015, 03:07 PM

Is the lack of automation recording a problem that's specific to using the Virus with Logic Pro?

I just ask because when I arm a track for automation recording in Cubase and tweak the pots on my Snow it works fine. The timing was an absolute mess when I tried to use USB for audio streaming, but using USB for MIDI only and going straight to the audio interface for audio works great.
Old 22.02.2015, 03:55 PM
Complete Newbie

no no, now i've fixed that
Old 02.03.2015, 10:15 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilgus View Post
I'm probably going to try a Korg Electribe ESX-1, for this purpose. I don't have a drum machine or sampler, so it can act as both, plus control the Snow. You can run the Snow outputs back through the ESX, so you only have one lot of outputs to deal with, plus also use the ESX effects, etc.

EG
Ok, I ended up getting an Electribe ES-1 Mk2 and now have that sitting next to the Snow, both being controlled by an iPad running Genome Midi Sequencer. GMS has 16 tracks, meaning I can access 4 simultaneous voices on the Snow, via Multi mode and around 9 samples on the 'Tribe, using Pattern mode. (Well, if I program in some program changes, I can also switch patterns and effectively cycle through as many drum sounds or samples as I want! Might be similar for the Snow, haven't tried it yet!)

Cheers,

EG