Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 09.10.2012, 02:09 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Coax Send a message via Skype™ to Coax

enossified, well.. I can't even export my project into wave file if I'm not bounce all virus tracks. Because of realtime export cubase error (CPU overload). I search many forums about that and did not find a solution.

And even if realtime export will work correctly I prefer to bounce all tracks and work with wave files. And cubase by a some reason do not compensate virus delay after recording. It's pretty annoying.

Like you said - many people record audio from virus analog outputs using usb connection with no problem.. And I can't understand why I have such a huge latency and cubase not compensate it.

Control VST do not detect virus if it's connected just with midi.

Yep, I try live switch - it's not help

You are helpful )) Thank you for support anyway )

TweakHead , as I already said - I just feel more comfortable than I working with bounced wave files and cubase do not compensate virus delay by a some reason. Fixing delay by hand every time is pritty annoying.
Old 09.10.2012, 05:17 PM
Veteran
Veteran

yeah, I get what you mean. I always render my tracks down to. But that's besides the point, the usb connection is for control and audio streaming as well. and with that option, even though you'd still have to bounce down in real time, it should be in perfect sync with no delays, as precise as if you're using a vst instrument...

And if you were to use the virus without the usb connection, loosing all the TI capacities and run it through a midi interface and audio cables, you shouldn't get much latency either - I guess it just depends on your audio settings and the kind of setup you're running. If there's no automatic delay compensation, it should at least tell you how many ms of it it's happening. And there must be some option for you to put these value on the audio tracks and be done with, to...

I think you should look into your audio settings, adjust the buffer size, etc. See if you're running with the latest drivers for your soundcard. And try and use the usb all the way to see if there's still sync problems. If not, and if the sound quality isn't inferior to that of recording the audio outputs through the card - which would totally defeat the whole purpose of the ti concept, by the way - I'd be happy with it and use the pre-amps on the sound card for other synths and stuff...

it could also be that you're having the famous lags some people seem to experience when using the ti... folks say it's better with the latest update, I can't comment on that - 'cause like I said, I own a C - but if you haven't you should try it to...

Cheers
Old 09.10.2012, 05:17 PM
Veteran
Veteran

EDIT did the x2 thing again... sorry
Old 09.10.2012, 09:02 PM
Complete Newbie

Just notice one strange thing: if I turn off direct monitoring all sound perfect! Even through analog+usb. But then I record audio the record still sounds with delay how can it be?
Old 10.10.2012, 03:12 AM
Veteran
Veteran

my advice would be: disconnect the audio cables and try and make the virus stream sound using the usb for both monitoring and recording...

but it reminded me of something that happened to me a while ago: I was making a sound on the virus and I had an audio channel with input monitoring enabled, and also the direct monitoring on the sound card, so I heard a double, with a touch of "tape-delay-like" something between them... I only noticed when I recorded, and then I doubled the track and added some delay to the second one, to get that sound again...

but back to topic, it's kind of natural for the direct monitoring to come first, that's the reason it's called direct - there's no complex path the sound travels to before reaching the speakers. I really suggest you take a close look at the manual and try and run everything from usb (no audio cables plugged); and see how it goes. I really can't give you any specifics about configuring the virus ti for audio stream using usb or anything like that, 'cause I don't own one. but some people here maybe can assist you on that... but the manual should do it, I guess... After trying all this, I'd just go ahead and contact Access if problems persist...
Old 10.10.2012, 08:59 AM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakHead View Post
but back to topic, it's kind of natural for the direct monitoring to come first, that's the reason it's called direct - there's no complex path the sound travels to before reaching the speakers.
Well, yes... And that's why I call it's pretty strange All sounds prefect than I turn OFF direct monitoring than I turn it on the latency comming back
Old 10.10.2012, 12:59 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coax View Post
enossified, well.. I can't even export my project into wave file if I'm not bounce all virus tracks. Because of realtime export cubase error (CPU overload).
OK, let's go back a step. If using the Virus Control VST the Virus tracks play in sync then you have a good starting point.

Forget about realtime export for now, let's just bounce the Virus tracks. You need to record the output from the VST into Cubase audio tracks and then you can mute the VST tracks.

Let us know if you don't understand how to do this.

This is one of the most confusing aspects of working with DAWs.

In Cubase you have MIDI tracks, audio tracks and instrument tracks.

Instrument tracks are used for VSTs that have only one audio output. To use Virus Control you should have placed it in the VST Instruments rack and then set up a MIDI track for each Virus part and audio tracks for the available audio outputs (6 in all).

Arm the audio tracks for recording audio from the Virus, hit record and the result should be you'll have audio on those tracks. Then you can do offline rendering of your project.

Good luck.
Old 10.10.2012, 01:10 PM
Complete Newbie

Tracks play in sync only if USB outputs are selected in virus control. If I want to bounce audio I need to select analog outputs - and from this moment cubase bounce tracks totaly out of sync.
Old 11.10.2012, 03:44 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coax View Post
to bounce audio I need to select analog outputs
That is not correct.

1. Open a new audio track, it should be armed for recording after opening.

2. Click on the input bus selector, you should see the Virus USB outputs available in the chooser menu. Select the one you want to use (there are 3 in all).

3. Press record on the transport.
Old 11.10.2012, 03:49 PM
Complete Newbie

Nope, I don't have USB outputs there. I think they will be there only then using Virus Asio as the main sound driver.