Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 22.11.2008, 06:19 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default Does anyone have information about the New TI ?

Hi Guys

is there any new info about the the next TI that access going to release because i need to buy another TI and i need to know if it is better to wait until the new one is going to be released ...

Thanks !
Old 22.11.2008, 11:46 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Hey Mario

No new info, or indeed any info, about a TI mk2, yet.

Even if they announced a TI mk2 at January NAMM this winter (which is completely hypothetical at this point), it would likely be just an announcement - a work-in-progress report - and probably wouldn't ship anytime soon.

With the TI mk1, it was announced in December 2004, but it didn't actually start shipping until October 2005 some ten months later, albeit there were a few 'hiccups'. On the other hand I think Access wont announce anything until it's ready this time around, so I think a TI mk2 release will be much slicker.

But Winter NAMM is usually the place to look for new info.

If TIs start dropping in price from retailers anytime soon by, say, £200, then that is possibly a good indicator that an mk2 is waiting in the wings. At least that's what happened with the Virus Cs.

If anything, though, they've bumped up the prices. The TI kbd and Polar cost £1500 a year ago, and went up to £1700 in recent times... Before the world suffered global financial meltdown. It's dropped back down by £45.
Old 28.11.2008, 06:03 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Wink

I hope they add a coffee maker to the mk2. That would really help me out with production.
Old 28.11.2008, 10:44 PM
Administrator

I'd go with that, but it's gotta have cappuccino capability. Double expresso in there. Weeeeeeeeee!!
Old 01.12.2008, 05:16 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Perhaps Access thought of that already, and the coffee maker upgrade is going to be part of the next OS update. I was always wondering what the "standby" mode was for, I bet if I ever did turn my TI off (for some strange reason) that would activate the coffee function...

Hmm.... Let's try that..... Nope. No coffee yet.

Can anyone else confirm this?
Old 01.12.2008, 07:12 PM
New here
New here

I bet you didn't turn it off long enough
Old 02.12.2008, 05:50 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

The TI actually does provide refreshment, but the version shipped to the UK makes tea rather than coffee (TI actually stands for Teamaking Included). It's not totally automated - there are a few manual operations such as putting the kettle on, putting a teabag in the mug, pouring the water and so on, but the TI provides the initial stimulus, adds satisfaction and inspiration and all the important aspects of music-related teamaking
Old 02.12.2008, 08:40 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Before the new version of the TI is released we really have to hammer out 1 very important thing for the TI wishlist..... (warning:: silly "analog-y")

Coffee vs. Tea....

I know it is an age old discussion, and neither side wins. Coffee is all 1s and 0s, is richly detailed, and generally takes milk very very well....

Tea is heartwarming and natural.... a true representation of the source. Coffee is never a substitute for real natural tea. You can never truly get that same squidginess...

If TI MK2 chooses 1 or the other.... it could ruin Access for sure.
Old 03.12.2008, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzymackenzie View Post
The TI actually does provide refreshment, but the version shipped to the UK makes tea rather than coffee
buhahah, you must be a fellow Brit. No-one can understand why we drink so much tea over here, but it just seems normal to us! Especially with biscuits or cake, mMmMmmm.

The TI mk2 needs a cookie dispenser. Or maybe they're saving that for mk3.