Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 03.05.2006, 03:27 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default For JP-8000 Owners/Users

Greetings to all,

This is my first post on the NEW Unofficial Access Virus forum and I must say I'm very impressed with all your studios and setups around the world.

I'm from Australia and I have a mini setup of my own which I hope to show to you all soon, but there's a concern regarding my JP-8000 that's been bugging me for a while. My JP-8000 works fine, but I can't seem to update the OS! Firstly, before I go into depth and bore the hell out of you all, which of you JP-8000 owners have the OS updated?

Looking forward to your responses soon.

Kind regards,

Daniel
Access Virus C
Waldorf Rack Attack
Old 03.05.2006, 08:48 PM
This forum member lives here

Welcome! I used to own an 8080. What seems to be the problem?
Old 04.05.2006, 01:12 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Ok,

Well, the reason why I want to update the OS is because my JP-8000 makes my MIDI interface continuously flash, as if it's receiving MIDI messages when it's not. I think that if I update the OS, it will remedy the problem.

So when I tried to update the OS several times, I get the same thing happen. It says something about FLASH ROM ERROR, causing me to reset to the factory settings and everything is back to where I started. The first time I did this I thought my JP-8000 was dead. Lucky I was able to revive it.

I haven't tried to update my JP-8000 for a while now, and I don't intend on trying again until I get it serviced. I just wanted to know if any of these problems have happened to other users in the past.

Thanks for reading,

Daniel
Access Virus C
Waldorf Rack Attack
Old 04.05.2006, 02:09 AM

Never happened to me. Definitely sounds like an internal problem on the roland. Good luck.
Old 04.05.2006, 07:14 AM

Another Aussie to continue UAVF domination

Welcome Brethren!

Now, I have a question! What MIDI interface are you using (gosh I hope its not Meh-Audio)???? AND....why do you care if it is blinking? Is it causing problems? Mine blink all the time, perhaps to indicate they are recieving MIDI clock, or perhaps my modulation wheel is active, or perhaps just to show it is alive! SO....the whole OS update thing came about because of the blinks??? I say....LET THEM BLINK.

As far as your other issues (which have come about from the blinks...), Im afraid I cant help you there, as I dont own a JP

Good luck!

Jase

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 04.05.2006, 07:33 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlMolto
.... JP-8000 makes my MIDI interface continuously flash...
Maybe Your JP-8000 is sending "Active sence"-messages?
Old 04.05.2006, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Ok,

Well, the reason why I want to update the OS is because my JP-8000 makes my MIDI interface continuously flash, as if it's receiving MIDI messages when it's not.
My Nord does this with a few pots occasionally, I have to turn the knobs before it'll stop.

My Roland gear always sends midi clock though - is it flashing in rhythm by any chance?
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 04.05.2006, 12:21 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Hey guys,

Thanks heaps for all of your replies.

I'm using a MOTU MIDI Express 128 MIDI Interface with my gear. Even when not receiving any MIDI clock or modulation messages it still flashes. The flashing isn't really the main problem, it's more that my JP-8000 won't update. Everything works fine, I just want to know why my JP-8000 won't update!

As for Active Sense messages; I've never actually heard of this, so it might very well be and I intend to check up on it when I get the chance.

With the flashing, it doesn't flash as fast or as bright as when sending or receiving MIDI clock messages, but it does flash in rhythm at about 6 or 7 times a second.

If anyone else has any personal experiences with their JP-8000 that may help, please feel free to post. In the mean time I'll try and take it to get serviced.

Thanks again everyone for all your help and have fun with all your gear!

Kind regards,

Daniel
Access Virus C
Waldorf Rack Attack
Old 04.05.2006, 01:24 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
..As for Active Sense messages; I've never actually heard of this, so it might very well be and I intend to check up on it when I get the chance....
My Korg T1 and Korg T3 is always sending Active Sence messages, and it can't be turned of , this results flashing light on the midi in on the Steinberg Midex8 interface, but this interface got a potmeter for adjusting the trigger level so the all active sence signals is visualy filtered.
Old 04.05.2006, 04:32 PM

If you are updating in a sequencer, have you tried at a slower BPM. Say anyhting below 70bpms?