Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music

General discussion about music An area for general music releated threads.

Old 26.07.2004, 09:46 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatembr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juho
I think this is already the past. Made me stop listening to psytrance (every track was boring minimal rubbish).

I'm still waiting for the horrid wave of disco-flavoured house/electronica.
what will make me stop listening to psy trance now is the new full on style. It becomes boring when u listen to it a lot. Old melodic goa tunes are gone for ever, those were nice creations, unfortunatly, nowdays most of the psy artists are making fullon, tons of fx and usullay bare, no melodies and just a little heavy nord saw bass. Minimal.
Totally agree Hate it. I want the utter kick-arse multilayered melodic goa stuff, like Pleiadians.

Quote:
Few days ago i listened to a full on compilation and only two tracks amazed me:
- The Prayer (Electric Universe) which had an old school feel and a very hypnotizing prayer in sanskrit (hindi)
Electric Universe = Boris Blenn, he's been around for yonks. The Prayer is the first track from his newest album, where he tries to get into the whole new goa/psy sound. It doesn't work

Quote:
- Life System (Astrix) which is one of my fav fullon artists because he still makes nice melodies in his tunes.
Astrix is okay. Similar to the new EU sound, and Psydrop. Although the stuff isn't fullon, but its a load of fun since its got those groovy basslines
________
Ffm redhead

Last edited by saba : 26.04.2011 at 03:42 AM.
Old 26.07.2004, 10:08 AM
Pro
Pro

Send a message via ICQ to hatembr

Quote:
Originally Posted by saba
Electric Universe = Boris Blenn, he's been around for yonks. The Prayer is the first track from his newest album, where he tries to get into the whole new goa/psy sound. It doesn't work
yeah but i found his track different from usual fullon, he kept something from old school stuff i think... may be those growling basslines...
Old 26.07.2004, 11:20 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Totally agree :( Hate it. I want the utter kick-arse multilayered melodic goa stuff, like Pleiadians.
Pleiadians, yay! Meter and Moon in Your Windows are my favourites. Too bad I haven't gotten my hands on their debute album.
Old 26.07.2004, 04:33 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juho L
Quote:
Totally agree Hate it. I want the utter kick-arse multilayered melodic goa stuff, like Pleiadians.
Pleiadians, yay! Meter and Moon in Your Windows are my favourites. Too bad I haven't gotten my hands on their debute album.
It's neigh impossible to find. But its, arguably, the finest psytrance album ever produced. Completely crushes Family of Light.

If your search is fruitless, you can get it from me off soulseek at 320kbps/APE format.
________
TreneSexy

Last edited by saba : 26.04.2011 at 03:42 AM.
Old 29.07.2004, 10:00 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default Wow!

Hey I had no idea you guys had such good taste! Pleiadians are amazing it's a real shame they don't do much anymore, but they gave us so much.... I completely agree with hollocell about goa etc., the good stuff was in the old days..... I listened to hallucinogen recently and he is unbelievable but I think he's lost the human touch, his tracks seem more impressive than emotional.

Cheers

Pete

check 'shining' on my website http://www.psynposemusic.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk - it's not great but it has it's good points - it's a bit like Infected Mushroom.

http://www.silvertortoise.co.uk
Old 30.07.2004, 06:56 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

infected's new upcoming album is gone be realy fresh
coming out in around aug-nov.
Old 30.07.2004, 08:16 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:

what will make me stop listening to psy trance now is the new full on style. It becomes boring when u listen to it a lot. Old melodic goa tunes are gone for ever, those were nice creations, unfortunatly, nowdays most of the psy artists are making fullon, tons of fx and usullay bare, no melodies and just a little heavy nord saw bass. Minimal.
yes, full on has well and truly dissapeared up its own arse.

I quite like some of the psy/progressive stuff, Antix, Freq, Atmos, Son Kite and so on.

Also, there are some good artists still out there, Rinkadink, Wrecked Machines and Prometheus are all worth looking out for. Just stay away from Isreali artists as they all seem to be being dragged into the full on scene. Pity as some of them a really, really talented.
Old 30.07.2004, 01:16 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo
I quite like the new sound of really sleazy underground electronica, like Goldfrapp.
If you like that Timo, I suggest you try out Two Lone Swordsmen's new album " Two From The Double Gone Chapel"
Old 02.08.2004, 06:40 PM

Im waiting for the 80's to come back hehehe

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 04.08.2004, 01:17 AM
Pro
Pro

Default Re: Next dance music sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by psynpose
Hi guys - any suggestions on what you think the next dance music will sound like? We've had trance, d n b, psytrance, garage, breakbeat etc. - Maybe psybreaktech-bass!

Pete
maybe ambient psy horror...