Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music

General discussion about music An area for general music releated threads.

Old 26.03.2013, 03:41 PM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingear View Post
Have a listen to In Rainbows. A seriously deep record that is by far my favourite Radiohead album, and probably in the top ten all times for me. I really admire their ability to construct songs that shift and move through different sonic and emotional space without sounding disconnected or contrived.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nTFjVm9sTQ lovely clip also.
Part of their genius I think is how diverse their music is, while still retaining a certain recognizable style throughout the years. Yet sometimes their definition of diverse stretches farther than most ears are used to!
Old 26.03.2013, 04:21 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBTC View Post
Part of their genius I think is how diverse their music is, while still retaining a certain recognizable style throughout the years. Yet sometimes their definition of diverse stretches farther than most ears are used to!
Well, I still love 'Killing Joke', 'Frontline Assembly', 'Skinny Puppy', 'Ministry', 'Aphex Twin', 'Led Zeppelin', Pink Floyd', 'Metallica', Judas Priest', Depeche Mode', 'Ultravox', 'Gary Numan', 'Boards of Canada', and 'Dead Voices on Air'...which qualifies me as officially very diverse in music taste. We all have different likes and preferences and a singer sometimes can be perceived as an otherwise creative band's weakest link and personally feel 'Radiohead' would do better once the 'solo career' or 'herein overdose occurs', whichever comes first
Old 27.03.2013, 12:55 AM
Pro
Pro

Heh well from my humble opinion Thoms a much better singer with tone pitch and control then Killing Joke or Skinny Puppys vocalists. But who gives a fuck. Wouldnt wish any of them to die though, think thats a bit off colour to be honest.

You know the other members of the band do their own solo music, if you like elements of it.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 27.03.2013, 01:14 AM

I read the heroin overdose comment more with the humor I think was intended than as a death wish, but then again my sense humor can be quite off-color at times too

I disagree with the sentiment behind it though, I think Yorke's voice is very important to the band even if it does drift into some directions I don't care for on certain tracks. I really haven't listened to all of Radiohead's stuff. I need to catch up. When I think of Radiohead I always think of The Bends first and foremost, and that's one of those "if I were stuck on a desert island for the rest of my life with only a dozen albums", that might very well be one of the dozen. Inability to provide electricity to the music player past the first couple of days might render it all moot though
Old 27.03.2013, 04:03 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBTC View Post
I read the heroin overdose comment more with the humor I think was intended than as a death wish, but then again my sense humor can be quite off-color at times too

I disagree with the sentiment behind it though, I think Yorke's voice is very important to the band even if it does drift into some directions I don't care for on certain tracks. I really haven't listened to all of Radiohead's stuff. I need to catch up. When I think of Radiohead I always think of The Bends first and foremost, and that's one of those "if I were stuck on a desert island for the rest of my life with only a dozen albums", that might very well be one of the dozen. Inability to provide electricity to the music player past the first couple of days might render it all moot though
Yes, I have a rather sardonic and dark sense of humor and glad you took it as such.
You nailed it on the whole "stranded on desert island thing, which synth or music would you have, proverbial question", as I think an acoustic guitar and piano would be the pragmatic option due to the electricity or lack thereof unless whole island is covered with solar panel arrays!
Old 27.03.2013, 04:06 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingear View Post
Heh well from my humble opinion Thoms a much better singer with tone pitch and control then Killing Joke or Skinny Puppys vocalists. But who gives a fuck. Wouldnt wish any of them to die though, think thats a bit off colour to be honest.

You know the other members of the band do their own solo music, if you like elements of it.
Off color humor keeps me sane, and yes, it was a joke and meant to be as such.