Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Off topic

Off topic An off topic playground. If your post doesn't seem to fit on the other areas, it surely will fit here.

Old 23.04.2013, 03:24 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBTC View Post
Yeah I understand, making music is a sort of therapy for me as well. I decided at a young age to never allow it to become a career, making me the only member of my family that was not a professional musician.

But just for future reference, I don't need distractions either. The way I use these devices, they remove distractions and make life more efficient rather than the other way around. But yes, the way a device is used depends on the user rather than the technology itself.
Do know that I value your insight and suggestions. If I did not already have a Nook Color I may have purchased an iPad for the very reason I got my Nook Color in first place.
In course of building a hardware synth-based studio that started two years ago, buying used, a majority of people never kept nor knew where their User Manual's were and since everything is available in pdf format and I have made MS Word Doc Files of collected germane tips and facts as well and update the micro SD memory card time to time, having all those manuals in a searchable, handy format all in one place has been indispensable on this learning journey.
The person I purchased Virus KC from had all original manuals but not the KB firstly bought but huge percentile is applicable to KB. The large Reaper 4.X comprehensive manual is especially handy now that I am learning this as my chosen software but also have an interest in Cubase.

I now can get my Keyboard Magazine and others e-delivered on it as well, so it has more than earned its keep!
Will take one thing back aforementioned in that there's ONE VSTi that can be run standalone or happens to be fully compatible with Reaper that have an avid interest in purchasing later on, Izotope IRIS. Importing field recordings into the many sample mangling but musically, really looks like a lot of fun!
Old 23.04.2013, 03:59 AM
This forum member lives here

You know the Virus B manual can be downloaded from Access' site, right? I'm guessing you knew this but I wasn't sure by what you wrote. But yeah, I used to buy a lot of HW used (because it seemed like the least risky way to participate in the addiction), and it drove me crazy that people were so careless with manuals ("duh...I think its in my garage somewhere I'll be sure to mail it to you if I find it")... yeah right.
Luckily all that's changed with availability of online manuals.
Old 23.04.2013, 04:34 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBTC View Post
You know the Virus B manual can be downloaded from Access' site, right? I'm guessing you knew this but I wasn't sure by what you wrote. But yeah, I used to buy a lot of HW used (because it seemed like the least risky way to participate in the addiction), and it drove me crazy that people were so careless with manuals ("duh...I think its in my garage somewhere I'll be sure to mail it to you if I find it")... yeah right.
Luckily all that's changed with availability of online manuals.
Yes, and thanks! It's beyond me how someone would purchase a given instrument new with a hard copy manual and treat manual as if it were the operating instructions for a toaster!!?!

Then again, I have every maintenance receipt for my car, not that I plan on ever selling it, but fact that most people do not realize that not *every* authorized repair shop, even company shop doing periodic maintenance that MADE a given vehicle, will even post such things to "CARFAX". Keeping great records helped me immensely with my Veteran Disability Claim.
So, this may give cause for someone to call me anal-retentive but WHY does one have to ask just about anyone selling anything on ebay these days if even the power supply is included, let alone proper or original one?

You even see that people will include more verbiage letting you know they posted their item using their such and such device but description will be like a text message and a stock photo rather than actual item....red flags....RUN away!!!
Old 23.04.2013, 02:39 PM

I once ran into a dispute with a coworker who was a real piece of work, I had the displeasure of working with her for about five years. She was arguing a work related point with me where I was sure I was right, but she was equally sure she was right. It was actually quite an important subject of debate, something that greatly impacted the direction of teams, so it wasn't one of those arguments that you want to win for the sake of ego, the settlement of the argument had huge consequences one way or another.

If only we could have recovered an e-mail that was sent about 3 years prior, the whole matter could have been cleared up. In my favor.

Little did she know I have archived every work related e-mail thread I've ever participated in, going back to the early 90s. She lost the argument.