Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 04.12.2004, 03:39 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default VERY BASIC QUESTION! Virus C

Hi guys, im gonna sound stuid again but!........
Im making tracks on cubase with my virus.
When i open a old track the data is there but it cant remember what sounds i used from the virus.
EG. midi 1 isnt playing moog because it doesnt kno its meant to play a moog, and instead will play a different virus sound (eg a default)
how can i sync up the program changes!
ps. virus C is not on list on cubase (patches etc) so i use virus b from the drop down menu
Also, how do i kno if when i loaded the 1024 sounds i did it right? cos it doesnt feel like iv got 1024 sounds! feels like iv got less!
thanks guys!
i appreciate any help
Old 04.12.2004, 06:07 PM
This forum member lives here

You should be able to download a Virus C patch script from the Access website.

Load this into your patch script folder, in the 'active' section

What version Cubase are you using?

one was is to set up a multi when working on a new project, and have one multi per project. Name the multi the same name as your cubase project. Now, you should have 16 channels of virus, across 16 MIDI channels in cubase.

If you are working in mutli mode, and have selected the names of the Virus patches from the bank select thingy in cubase, each time you start your project, the virus should be automatically on the right sounds, presuming you have all connections to the machine made, and all settings are correct in the Virus (Read the manual, it has all the answers)

Good luck mate~

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 04.12.2004, 06:45 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

cheers mate i appreciate it
unfortunately that didnt make much sense to me
im so far behind, sorry
all i kno is im using cubase sx 2
not sure hwo multi works and its purpose
but where can i adjust things so the virus automatically goes to the right sounds when the track plays?
Old 04.12.2004, 07:46 PM

The best thing you can do here is read the manual.....

There is a page there which explains how you should have the Virus set up so that it is optimized for working with a sequencer (Lo page/Hi Page) and basically you should be working in Multi-mode.....

Then, assuming your MIDI is all hooked up properly, it is smoothe sailing from there....

Read the manual, all of the information you need is in there..........and if you are still stuck, come back with some more specific questions. One thing I did when I first started was to have the guy from the Audio store come and do an "install"......where he would come round and basically tutor me for a couple hourse. Then he would go away, I would play around and write down questions etc, and he would come back the next week and go through things again.....I found it was a very worthwhile, time saving way of learning. Also, read the SX manual.....

You should also update to the latest version of SX....whatever that is.....and read your SX manual as well

Good luck!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 05.12.2004, 04:04 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

thanx man!