Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Off topic

Off topic An off topic playground. If your post doesn't seem to fit on the other areas, it surely will fit here.

Old 05.11.2012, 03:32 PM
Pro
Pro

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBTC View Post
namnibor, just stop all of this right now What you're doing here, combined with my own research around the Evolver's sound is making me think that unless a super-powerful Thunderbolt-enabled Virus Ti3 is announced with about twice the DSP power of the existing Ti2 very soon, I may just have to get a Poly Evolver PE (I want the pots) in the next few months.

The only hard part to swallow is 4 voices for $2,700 USD. I don't think I would be as happy with the 8-voice Prophet though, I have not heard one in person but I think it has a sound profile that the Evolver breaks through.
To further add to your GAS, thought I'd post what I scored last night; a DSI Mono Evolver Keyboard with Prophet 08 knobs, to daisy chain to my Evolver Desktop, which happens to be tricked-out with same type knobs. This should be very fun running through effects within Virus KC or KB or other way around, running the Virus via two stwereo external inputs THROUGH Evolvers....my cat should be very afraid!
Sorry, file size of photo is a tad too large to attach so when I rec'v it, will take a pic and format it to compliance here. A "Ren and Stimpy" HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!!!!
Old 06.11.2012, 09:02 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Thanks for the info and also the e-mail (I did look at the youtube vid, but at the time was too busy to reply)... still very busy actually, both too busy to post much and too busy for music ATM.

For an easy way to share large pics, upload to imagur and post the link: http://imgur.com
Old 06.11.2012, 11:49 PM
Pro
Pro

FYI--Just rec'vd. December edition of Keyboard Magazene in mail today and there's a comprehensive review of the DSI Mopho x4 for anyone interested and to remain on-topic of thread's origins.
Old 21.11.2012, 07:36 PM
Infektion taking hold...

I'm also a HUGE fan of the MEK- This thread has been an inspiration, as I own presently, four keyboard synth's, (Little Phatty, MEK, Blofeld, Virus kb) I'd love to cut back to 3, but that's another story. Now, I'll start running one synth into another, and see what happens. To this point, I've only used one, or another- usually running a sequence from MEK and playing over that on one of the others. Should be a blast./
Old 22.11.2012, 01:03 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Boogie View Post
I'm also a HUGE fan of the MEK- This thread has been an inspiration, as I own presently, four keyboard synth's, (Little Phatty, MEK, Blofeld, Virus kb) I'd love to cut back to 3, but that's another story. Now, I'll start running one synth into another, and see what happens. To this point, I've only used one, or another- usually running a sequence from MEK and playing over that on one of the others. Should be a blast./
Make sure to refer to BOTH the Virus Manual and the DSI MEK Manual as there's several different configurations/set-ups, especially so with our Virus in which you can actually maintain FULL POLYPHONY whilst running stuff into the external inputs.
I truely have searched high and low and it seems to me that not very many people utilize these AWESOME options we have because even on the Virus, that External input Signal can be treated AS AN OSCILLATOR and/or MODULATION SOURCE as well!!! Pretty sure the Evolver can treat that external signal as such as well with tables turned...it's simply genius!