Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 29.03.2012, 10:49 PM
New here
New here

Default Hello Virus

Hi Guys, I just got my Virus Desktop TI2 yesterday and I think it is fantastic, the only thing is that I've been trying to recreate the synth 'hello virus' from Sylenth1 (factory bank 2). It must be a preset in the Virus TI2 hence the name 'Hello Virus" in Sylenth1. I Tried to do it, spent all day with no luck. Could someone put me in the right direction. Or is there a preset which is in the Virus roms?

Hello Virus Sound: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ETUJ6HoCm0
Old 30.03.2012, 12:48 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

Yeeeeaaaahhhh Budy! 1 of my fave sylenth presets. I've got a virus but still use that preset. I have a few similar in my virus I've made but as I over load my virus quite easy I tend to just use the sylenth one... Leaves my virus free for other sounds.

Have a listen Also check out my latest upload for some other cool virus sounds in use.

I'll upload a few of my presets for you in a bit, might be after the weekend.
Old 30.03.2012, 08:40 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchiemasha View Post
Yeeeeaaaahhhh Budy! 1 of my fave sylenth presets. I've got a virus but still use that preset. I have a few similar in my virus I've made but as I over load my virus quite easy I tend to just use the sylenth one... Leaves my virus free for other sounds.

Have a listen Also check out my latest upload for some other cool virus sounds in use.

I'll upload a few of my presets for you in a bit, might be after the weekend.
Thanks brah! Yeah that Slyenth preset is amazing. I've tried to copy it on the virus but it never sounds as big or acidy as the sylenth. Proberbly cos I don't know how to use the full power of the virus yet. There should be some tutorials in YouTube but their quite hard to find.
Old 01.04.2012, 10:55 PM
Infektion taking hold...

My Virus is my only "virtual" analog, and even after almost 6 months with it, I'm still only scratching the surface of it's capabilities. So many options, only more time will get us both up to speed. Best of luck.
Old 02.04.2012, 06:26 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

I might have a go later today or tomorrow, recreating the patch in the virus. Then I'l do a lil upload.
Old 02.04.2012, 03:49 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

The Hello Virus patch was created by Adam Van Baker (aka Adam Szabo). His sounds are usually quite good.

I've posted this info before, but he offers his own VST now which is a great sounding plugin and awesome value:

http://www.adamszabo.com/jp6k/

(Not affiliated with Adam in any way except I admire his work ... he seems to have a way of tapping into the sound properties that my ears like). His equipment list shows a Virus Snow as one of his pieces of gear, but I'm not sure if he has done a soundset for it or not.
Old 03.04.2012, 09:33 PM
New here
New here

Thanks guys I've been trying and I kinda got something similar but not quite there yet will still try to make a nice copy of the patch.