Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 15.06.2005, 06:13 PM
New here
New here

Default user reviews at Sonicstate

http://www.sonicstate.com/synth_revi...s_virus-ti.cfm ; people is adding their fillings
Old 15.06.2005, 09:37 PM
This forum member lives here

Im suprised Sonic state ok-ed those 'reviews'. Normally they dont allow any to get posted until a product is shipping. I dont think it informs potential user properly....its just yet another outlet for disgruntled would be customers. i expect to see loads of more posts in the next few years...oops i mean days...shit now...weeks even...maybe months. Oh im so confused.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 16.06.2005, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
i expect to see loads of more posts in the next few years...oops i mean days...shit now...weeks even...maybe months. Oh im so confused.

DS

Id like to hear some reviews from the beta testers

I wonder how version three of the TI OS is coming along? 8O

cheers

blay
Old 16.06.2005, 08:28 AM

Well, it wouldnt suprise me if some kinda major OS re-write is underway now.....either that or they might be thinking about doing it....which may mean another 6 months of setbacks.

Seriously though....when products get delayed 6 months...they invariably turn out to be a year, 18 months....in exceptional cases never released. I can name a few products in the last 5 years that have followed this pattern. I would like to wish/hope Access a speedy release...not for my sake (ive bought other gear with my TI money now).....but really for their sake.

Access and Waldorf have one thing in common. For 10-12 months prior to Waldorf's demise they went very *very* quiet. Ring any bells?

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 16.06.2005, 09:41 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

you mean they went bankruptcy?
Edit: Maybe im thinking of another company..
what do you mean DS?
Old 16.06.2005, 10:26 AM
Definately caught something...
Analog Synth Dsp Lover

ds what happened to the roland thing? why no response?
Old 16.06.2005, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Access and Waldorf have one thing in common. For 10-12 months prior to Waldorf's demise they went very *very* quiet. Ring any bells?

DS
Well, I certainly don't think Access are currently poised to becoming bankrupt just yet, but I think the whole way they are dealing with this particular unfortunate (and hopefully one-off) incident has seriously rattled their loyal customer base.

Access used to be at the forefront when answering people's queries in a quick, friendly but professional manner. It gave the impression that, not that they were a 'family-type business' as such, but that we were all in this together. They were close to their customers.

Not any more. The silence has been deafening.

I would think so, soooo much more of them if they simply put their cards on the table and let us customers know that there was a problem, and updated their website with little snippets of what they were doing, like:

06-06-2005: "Now works 100% with Logic"
08-06-2005: "Continuing final testing phase with Cubase."
13-06-2005: "Added two new further waveforms to the wavetables"

... or whatever! Something as simple as a similar bug-fix list on their site would be re-assuring. Something truthful. Not the "beta" testing lark (read: lie) that's been spun for the last five months.
Old 16.06.2005, 12:51 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Yeah I would like that!
I wonder why they wont tell us,,, You wanna know what I think?

The TI line, is the first synth that support VST (hardware that is)
I think Access wont release the synth, untill it is 110% perfect!
You got to have in mind that this is a new type of synthesizer.
And Access, is the first company to release these kind of synths!

After Access released the TI line. Every manufacture will start making the same kind of synth - With VST support..
And i belive that Access, want to make history, they wanna be the first manufacture that release this kind of synth, with out any problem at all.
Old 16.06.2005, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeez
ds what happened to the roland thing? why no response?
OOps...hi man...

Ive been having all kinds of hotmail problems recently. I have a paid account and my details expired...then my email became inaccesible. I wonder have been better off with the freebie version...geeze. What is this world coming to? Its all about the fucking money. Makes me sick.

I will touch with my friend at Roland and see what the score is. In the mean time....PM rather than email me...as my hotmail still a bit iffy.

Cheers

DS

Old 16.06.2005, 06:13 PM

Well Timo...im in entire aggreement with you.....and so would all the Virus mailing list members....

In my opinion.....it all started to go wrong (ironically) when Access had some success. Out came the marketing slogans....'legendary filter', 'more of what you loved'....and bobs your uncle they loose touch with reality and get absorbed into their own little world. It takes a prudent company to ride through success as well as failure.....

anyone agree/disagree with that observation?

DS