Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 07.10.2004, 11:23 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

He is an obvious scammer! There are not even slightlest doubts. If he want to get rid of a Virus C, why he won't sell it here in Finland? He would get a buyer faster that way and the shipping would be child's play.

You still haven't got the phone number? I'd like to put him on the heat, buahahaha.

Edit: Also ask him why the shipping addres is his workplace and not his home.
Old 07.10.2004, 11:32 AM
Administrator

DON'T let him know you knoW! He's had his fun. He was quite willing to try anything to rip off your ass.

Now, try and think of a scam to get him back......

This could be a powerbook special!! Gang, thinking caps on................................

In the interim, just keep stringing him along.......
Old 07.10.2004, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo
Now, try and think of a scam to get him back......

This could be a powerbook special!! Gang, thinking caps on................................
It's a bit problematic to come up a counter-scam when we are on the buyer side. If we would be selling, the situation would be different.

Maybe we would trade the non-existent Virus for some other non-existent gear?

Edit: Hey. Post him back and say he seems trustworthy. Then ask if he is willing to take something in exchange for his Virus.
Old 07.10.2004, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Just posted THIS on the SOS forums, too.... In the event that anyone can possibly offer any cunning plan that might suit the situation.
Old 07.10.2004, 12:26 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo
Just posted THIS on the SOS forums, too.... In the event that anyone can possibly offer any cunning plan that might suit the situation.
Hm, well id love to get him, but I think it is to late! Its spoilt already! Though it should have been a few times already, and hes still coming back, so who knows!!

What the hell, lets see if we can fish something out of this
im telling him that im unshure about this whole thing, and blablabla, but that I might agree on different terms!
Old 07.10.2004, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Well, just for a laugh, after reading along the lines of the people that have grown wise to the now well-known so-called "419 frauds" (ie. those predominantly Nigerian email scams that tell you that your long lost relative has left you ?25million, lol). Tell the guy that you think "OK, the Moneygram thing is cool", and that you will do the deal!.....

... But only on one condition! In that he should take a clear photo of himself with his virus standing outside the "restaurant" in question (fully in view) in order to verify his authenticity.

Say you wont do the deal otherwise, but say you DO have the money immediately "ready" to send via Moneygram after he complies, and that you're extremely eager to get your hands on the Virus.
See where that gets ya. If he tries to squirm out of it, just re-iterate the "need to see the simple described photo as proof, or otherwise the deal is off", and issue it as an ultimatum.

Might give us more time to think something up, while putting the ball in his court.

---

Or, you could insist that you send him a snail-mail letter via post, to his home address, and get him to scan or photograph the letter once he's received it to show you and therefore authenticate his address.... You might then be able to set something up, or nail the bastard somehow, once you know it.

----

Otherwise, just send him an email with a nice executable "virus", and tell him that the file contains your personal details, or something.....

Sorry I can't think of anything more original. Damn well worth a shot, though. .... Remember you're not the first and most probably not the last he's going to try it on. The next 'buyer' that is preyed on might not be so lucky.
Old 07.10.2004, 04:40 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Notice that he still avoid mention other payments, and his telephone number!! Its been asket for at least 5-6 times)

-----------scammer:

On 7. okt. 2004, at 17:01, A. S. wrote:

its strage! THERE IS MONEYGRAM PASSOWRD!!! UNIQUE SECRET QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!
ITS IMPOSSIBLE THAT THEY DO NOT HAVE THEM!!!!!!!!

YOU CAN TRUST ME!!!!! AS I TOLD everything is controlled with police..and they will collect my passport iinfo! so finding me will be matter of a few hours...and I DO NOT WANT TO SIT IM Fing finnish prison)))))))))))) for 500 e...

so i will send Virus 100%! How can they tell and call people scammers????? probably or not, its very BAD! lets then everybody and everywhere will think that all everywhere are scammers....what a world....

I dont care IF somebody told you HE IS A SCAMMEr..go fuck him up...or something like that!

I have never done bad things in my life, and never will..im a christianin...

so if you do not want that scheme - payment by moneygram with secret question - sending virus with tracking/receiving it/ giving answer - i pick up payment...then i will have to tell you sorry...and i do not want to wait your time....

-------------From us:

subject: Virus

Man, I realy want the Virus!!!!!

Look, If you make a picture of you, with the virus, in front of the resturant, fully in view, send it to me, I will send you money right away, moneygram!!

I just need some real proof, man!!!!

Kim
Old 07.10.2004, 04:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalker
YOU CAN TRUST ME!!!!! AS I TOLD everything is controlled with police..and they will collect my passport iinfo! so finding me will be matter of a few hours...and I DO NOT WANT TO SIT IM Fing finnish prison:))))))))))))) for 500 e...
1. Police doesn't involve in any kind of money traffic issues unless the crime hasven't already happened.
2. For a scam of that nature he would only get some day-fines plus he'd have to pay back the scammed sum. If he due some weird reason would get a prison sentence, a Finnish prison is a boarding-house establishment, which means that it's not very bad at all.

He's hilarious. He seems to have moved from Russia in immediate past. That would be the only explanation to his total lack of knowledge and bad Finnish.

Quote:
I have never done bad things in my life, and never will..im a christianin...
BUAHAHAHA! Very convincing.

We need to think up something fast. Let's have a hideous plot.
Old 08.10.2004, 09:02 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Next thing he will say is " im sorry i cannot take a picture, as i do not have a camera to take them"

peace
Blank
Old 08.10.2004, 12:31 PM
Administrator

http://www.scambuster419.co.uk/moneytransfer.htm

A few ideas there on "transferring" money using Western Union, Moneygram, etc...

If you can get a copy of what a Moneygram receipt looks like, and then forge the various required details onto it (ie. price, date, recipient, etc.) and then print and re-scan the document, you can make him think you've actually sent the money.
He'll then waste his time by trying to pull the 'money' out of nowhere.

I especially like the GIMPS money form transfer
http://www.scambuster419.co.uk/moneytransfer2.htm

------

Or you could maintain that you've tried to send the money to his moneygram account, but instead say that the Moneygram company refused you from being able send money to his account as that particular account is being investigated for international money laundering fraud... You can then act all innocent and ask him that was all about, and what it meant.... That will undoubtedly confuse and frustrate him. Then you can eventually bring in other forms of 'payment' options, and scam him further by obtaining various details, or making him run around a bit.