Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 02.04.2005, 08:03 AM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

access is like a bad girlfriend always telling you what you want to hear just to get you off their ass. Im not access bashing but oops on the bad marketing. I can understand a little delay but this long. the website had a release date of december but the wavetables were half way done in january and they are just now are going through beta . I dont get that. why not say pre order yours today besides telling people its Unofficial release.
Old 02.04.2005, 08:32 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default TI Cancelled

Well, I just took the plunge and called and cancelled my TI. Been waiting since November and frankly that's enough when taking into account the promised shipping date of December and then the subsequent changes. It's now April guys. I figured that when they do show up I can still get one if I decide to. There's not much benefit of a pre-order if the stuff doesn't arrive. When it does I figure Access would have enough time to make enough of them to go round. Keeping my options open now.
Old 02.04.2005, 09:53 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Is this machine going to get released? or what...moan, groan, etc...again

This kind of thing only lets us know what it will be like when they release any future products onto the market

Some beta testing

P.s Access does it work with Cubase?. If so, ship mine....
Old 03.04.2005, 06:18 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

for one thing it makes the vendors look bad by stating false release dates. A good rep is always good to have ya? who likes to look bad by talkin out their ass and peddling false NFO and the retail market should think twice on releasing any dates in the future for access products. The TI better do my laundry and make me breakfast after all this.
Old 03.04.2005, 10:24 PM
Am starting to like this forum

I am starting to believe there is something major wrong with it and that makes me worry even more now.... 8O 8O
Old 03.04.2005, 11:24 PM
Pro
Pro

I guess the synth itself works already but the integration and the drivers are at beta stage. It's not a little job to make it work ok with all the major sequencers and check that it won't conflict with any soundcard and dsp card either! I have had so many dsp card related problems earlier that if the problems with TI integration are similar they are in real trouble. It is critical that they use streaming straight into the host sequencers audio engine. Alot can go wrong there, especially with usb.
Old 04.04.2005, 12:20 AM
Veteran
Veteran

I think personally usb (especially usb1 spec/speed) was a BIG mistake. The usb soundcards available are testament to that. Everyone I know who bought a usb soundcard had it in the bin or up on ebay within weeks. Firewire would of been oh so perfect, ah well lets see what happens...live and learn

ten
Old 04.04.2005, 12:38 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten
I think personally usb (especially usb1 spec/speed) was a BIG mistake. The usb soundcards available are testament to that. Everyone I know who bought a usb soundcard had it in the bin or up on ebay within weeks. Firewire would of been oh so perfect, ah well lets see what happens...live and learn

ten
Maybe they've swapped out all the USB v1.1 gubbins and replaced them with firewire connections, and that's what's causing the hold up... j/k
Old 04.04.2005, 12:52 AM
Veteran
Veteran

It would probably save them a lot of time and hassle (and tech support emails) in the future if they did just that

ten
Old 04.04.2005, 10:07 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ten

ten
Maybe they've swapped out all the USB v1.1 gubbins and replaced them with firewire connections, and that's what's causing the hold up... j/k
That?d be a dream!!!

MarcTale