Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 04.09.2008, 07:23 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default Multi question

I'm using The Snow (with latest OS update) with Live 7. How do i use the multi function? I insert a new track and in that track i select snow 1, then i insert another audio track and select snow 2, but i still get both sounds on each track unless i select USB L for track 1 and USB R for track 2 and when i do that i only get one sound in the left channel track 1 and right channel track 2 (thats kind of a given!) I want seperate sounds on each track in stereo. I'm halfway there
Old 04.09.2008, 11:33 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn303 View Post
I'm using The Snow (with latest OS update) with Live 7. How do i use the multi function? I insert a new track and in that track i select snow 1, then i insert another audio track and select snow 2, but i still get both sounds on each track unless i select USB L for track 1 and USB R for track 2 and when i do that i only get one sound in the left channel track 1 and right channel track 2 (thats kind of a given!) I want seperate sounds on each track in stereo. I'm halfway there
Ha, you want multi mode too huh? Well once you connect the Snow via usb multi mode is "lost". I tried doing the same thing (in Ableton Live 7 too) and basically, you have to use it as a plug in with Virus Control.

I went out and bought a power adaptor for my Novation Compact SL just to use multi mode (I have to power the controller somehow...)

Multi mode is really cool. I was hoping the latest update would allow multi mode once the TI mode is accessed in a sequencer host such as Ableton but that's not the case... I imagine Virus Control can essentially replace multi mode, someway, somehow but that's a little past my comprehension at this point.

Lately, I''ve been playing my Snow standalone, with my Novation via midi and my monitors hooked up directly to the back of the Snow. But I feel you, it would be pretty cool to be able to access this directly via usb/host/ti
Old 05.09.2008, 04:16 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelike5 View Post
Ha, you want multi mode too huh? Well once you connect the Snow via usb multi mode is "lost". I tried doing the same thing (in Ableton Live 7 too) and basically, you have to use it as a plug in with Virus Control.

I went out and bought a power adaptor for my Novation Compact SL just to use multi mode (I have to power the controller somehow...)

Multi mode is really cool. I was hoping the latest update would allow multi mode once the TI mode is accessed in a sequencer host such as Ableton but that's not the case... I imagine Virus Control can essentially replace multi mode, someway, somehow but that's a little past my comprehension at this point.

Lately, I''ve been playing my Snow standalone, with my Novation via midi and my monitors hooked up directly to the back of the Snow. But I feel you, it would be pretty cool to be able to access this directly via usb/host/ti
Thats a downer, Hopefully Access will get the multi working in VC soon.
I still love this synth though!
Old 05.09.2008, 05:04 AM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn303 View Post
Thats a downer, Hopefully Access will get the multi working in VC soon.
I still love this synth though!
Actually sequencer mode is a kind of multi mode with just a few reasonable restrictions.

r