Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 03.11.2005, 10:07 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Default TI Feature Request

Here's one for the Access team.

Perhaps a mode where only midi and virus control data is sent and all audio streams of USB can be disabled. This way those working with analog outs could use virus control without the current set of bugs.

It's just a work around temp fix mode idea, it might not even work, who knows?
Old 04.11.2005, 01:00 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to obliterations

Quote:
Here's one for the Access team.

Perhaps a mode where only midi and virus control data is sent and all audio streams of USB can be disabled. This way those working with analog outs could use virus control without the current set of bugs.

It's just a work around temp fix mode idea, it might not even work, who knows?
Well they already did that... its call the "Virus Control" plug-in. You can go into the Ti and turn off the usb audio stream and just use the regular outs.

However.. the midi is still sent usb...and that as far as I know that can't be disabled. It would be nice if you could disable the usb midi, so you could still use regular midi. I have had some timing issues with the usb. But... there does seems to be a lot less latency with the release of 1.05

I havent had time to really test out the new system yet.

Ti Desktop
Mac g5 dual 2 ghz
Logic 7.1.1
Logic 7.1.1
Old 04.11.2005, 01:05 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Basically we want the same thing.
Virus Control (the plug in) and user choice over USB or Normal for midi, and in my first post I implied that I was using the analog outs already but somehow if the USB streams that are sending silence could send nothing at all and therefore reduce data flow on the USB and perhaps make it more reliable for timing critiacal data.
Old 04.11.2005, 01:58 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Actually for me, using midi over usb seems to work great, only when I have VirusControl on do things start going downhill. Just sounds like it can't push the data fast enough to the TI, in fact a lot of times it will keep playing for a few seconds even after I click the stop button in Live.

Not sure what is going on behind the scenes but it seems like VControl has its own path to the TI for sending note and control data that doesn't use either of the two midi paths that are available by USB. It still seems to use the midi path for sending the midi sync clock messages but I never see any on/off note or control messages going to the TI with VControl on (using MidiMonitor for Mac)

So maybe there should be a way to have VControl on just for patch editing but still allow the TI to respond to midi messages from one of the available midi paths from USB.
Old 04.11.2005, 05:15 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Good pick up on the 'OTHER' usb midi. I would have thought it to suffer the same symptoms, yet as you point out the Virus Control is a universe of it's own.

But again the delema is if you open an instance of Virus Control plugin you automatically open up the two usb steams of stereo 16bit 44.1/48Khz. This is my opinion that this extra audio stream is the culprit not Virus Control itself, as it works for some people and to better degrees on bug effected machines depending on how much CPU they are using.

My gues is that it will be years before Access can offer a USB priority fix to PC (and Mac?). So I beg them please make the USB audio streams optional so we can get on with it using the Virus Control which is a big, big plus when using the TI.
Old 04.11.2005, 05:22 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Actually, check out the attached screen shot.
This is the Asio control panel, there is are tick boxes for 'input' and 'output' yet they are greyed out.
This is tantalizing.
Attached Files
File Type: rar 923_1131085353.rar (45.1 KB, 35 views)
Old 04.11.2005, 09:53 PM
New here
New here

Now that we're on the topic...

How about this new feature: Filter feedback. The signal coming out right after the filter and the amp-envelope would be fed back to the filter input. You could control the amount of feedback with some parameter. This way you could create some really ripping kick-ass sounds

Another missing feature that I can come up with is noise mode for oscillators. This way you could ringmodulate oscillator with noise. This trick can create really nice tones.

Some very different sounding filter mode would also be nice to have. The current modes are very good, but I think that there's never enough of different filters
Old 04.11.2005, 11:26 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraku
but I think that there's never enough of different filters
a combfilter!