Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 22.10.2008, 02:27 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default latency compentaion help for a noob

hey guys,

ive had my virus desktop for a while now. im just now getting into using it a lot with live 6 and im having what i think is some latency issues.

thing is, im a noob when it comes to production and i need a little guidance.

im using my virus with 3 stereo outs going into live with 3 seperate audio channels via usb.

it is not timed to the metronome at all. once i record notes in the midi channels for the part i want to play on the virus i can play them back and there is a very tiny delay. if i drag all the notes in the note editor to the left one 32nd (i think its a 32nd) then the time is correct.

ive tried bumping up the latency compensation per channel as well as the overall latency compensation from the settings and it just doesnt seem like anything is helping.

any clues you guys could give me to try out?
Old 22.10.2008, 03:54 AM
This forum member lives here

you know, i noticed this strange midi delay as well. It all started once I updated from 2.5.1 to the latest ti os. Of course I also updated Live from 7.0.8 to 7.0.10 so I wasn't sure which one broke it. Interesting.
Old 22.10.2008, 05:33 PM
New here

hmm... you are in texas as well (southeast texas here). perhaps its a issue between live, the virus, and texas?

on a serious note ive been reading a lot on the ableton forums and some of the threads there seem to be pointing to how ableton handels latency compensation. any ideas or input anyone?
Old 22.10.2008, 07:12 PM
Veteran
Veteran

the USB outs are sample accurate, as long as delay compensation is enabled, live mode is disabled and you're using an compatible host. you might want to check out the tutorial song in order to see if that problem is setup related or not. read the ableton tutorial as well.

hth, marc

ps. and yes, the TI works in texas as well
Old 23.10.2008, 01:22 AM

well howdy fellow texan Sounds like you're in the Houston area?
my issue has to do with midi notes not being recorded as the exact moment that I trigger them when playing the ti. My suspicion is that it has to do with Live and not the virus, but I have to test it out with my other midi gear.
I am going to test this out tomorrow and will post back.
Old 23.10.2008, 04:15 PM
New here

thanks for the tips marc. ill check all that out. ive read / watched tutorials and im sure i have it all setup properly. deley compensation and live mode... is that on the virus? ive read though the manual and unfortunately im at work (i work offshore) and i wont be home till next wed so i cant tinker till then.

and doc jones, im actually close to the coast and close to the LA border. i live in Nederland, close to port authur and beaumont.

i have no problems with my midi being recorded in time, provided im hitting the keys at the right time, its playback that im having issues with.