Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 22.09.2005, 04:53 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Default can BEN CROSSLAND and marc do me a special favour!! with TI

TO BEN CROSSLAND AND MARC.

now that it seems like the TI will come out, everyone is extremely excited including myself.

I brought up a problem previously - the fact that i use LOGIC AUDIO 5.5.
on PC.

now in the manual it says the intergration will work with vst HOSTS, and of course LOGIC AUDIO 5.5 is one.

I also found out that maybe with LOGIC AUDIO it might not work as well, because VST has apparently improved over the last few years. (dont know how of course)

if marc and ben crossland have TI's in their studios, can they check to see how it goes with LOGIC AUDIO 5.5. and give us their verdict.

i am quite desperate to know and i do know heaps of musos who are still using LOGIC 5.5 in their studios especially dance music writers.
i dont want to buy the TI on 3RD OCTOBER if it doesnt work well enough with LOGIC 5.5.

i only have a certain amount of money and the change to apple will cut out the money i have for TI, i am also getting probrably the V-SYNTH as well.
i need to finish music project and need advise like this to make the right decision. i'm pretty sure their are other users of LOGIC 5.5 who would like to know.
I AM THINKING I MIGHT BE forced into getting pro-tools for my M-AUDIO 1010 soundcard. but again does the TI INTERGRATION work with that program.

I thougt that the VST standard was pretty set and would work with heaps of sequencer products.
Have access targeted only the big few like CUBASE and LOGIC 7 for MAC.

can ben crossland and marc help me here.
although LOGIC 5.5. might not be perfect for it - will it be good enough to cover the most number of appliances

how else can i find out.
Old 22.09.2005, 06:07 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

its been VST 2.0 for the past 4-5 years i belive,dont worry about it you wont have to buy a mac g5 and logic 7...
Old 23.09.2005, 04:14 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

actually i wont buy a G5 because if APPLE are going to bring out computers with INTEL chips, my logic says that buying a G5 is not a good idea.

So I will just stay with PC 5.5 UNTILL i see what happens, or get the
new pro-tools for DELTA 1010.

I think with the VSTi intergration the problems could be the lack of delay compensation in LOGIC AUDIO 5.5. but crikees LOGIC 7 hasnt got it either.

so mmmmmmmmmmmm.
Old 23.09.2005, 04:39 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Hey mate

at the risk of sounding preachy, might it not be cheaper to just switch to cubase rather than buying a mac to stay on the logic apple cart? (when the time comes of course, it sounds like you wont have to worry for the TI)

i was a die hard logic 5.5 user for ages but the day came when i realised Its never going to progress, its a nice program but its already showing its age...ive had lots of problems with it that i simply never have anymore with cubase. (not being able to bounce a cpu maxed track because you cant record offline, rewire ports being swapped around and stuffing up your whole track when you instal a new rewire program, multi channel vsts such as battery not working properly all the time, missing sound files in old projects [cubase handles it so much smarter], having to go to a seperate audio program to do simple processing tasks, and so much more..)

they are the same programs with a slightly different interface when it comes down to it, it doesnt take that long to learn cubase and for all the smart extra features it comes with i can 100% endorse making the switch... im only using SX2 and already SX3 looks like it has some killer features up its sleeve.

i really miss emagics autofilter and tape delay though... i still bounce things into logic from time to time to use these features

have a nice day
-Dan
Old 23.09.2005, 04:55 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

solconnection wrote
Quote:
not being able to bounce a cpu maxed track because you cant record offline,
what do you mean by that?
Old 23.09.2005, 05:22 AM
Infektion taking hold...

afaik (and *please* correct me if im wrong because id love to know how to do this) logic records/bounces to .wav as it plays in real time....so when you want to record your track to .wav it plays it through and records as it goes. if your track gets really cpu heavy (which it always seems to when producing electronic music) and it starts stuttering or getting asio overloads your bounce will either have glitches in it or will be canceled.

in cubase it does it silently with a progress bar (in the way that reason does) and takes as long as it needs to produce a shiny unblemished rendered wav

have a nice day
-Dan
Old 23.09.2005, 06:57 AM
Veteran
Veteran

I mostly work in Logic 5.5.1 on PC, so I can confirm that it does work.
Old 23.09.2005, 08:30 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Firstly to Ben Crossland,

thanks for that!!!
I am glad that someone who is abit of an electronics guru!! also uses LOGIC 5.5 on PC.
alot of people i know in australia still use logic 5.5 proffessionally, who were also caught out by the change, buying 5.5 just before the shocking announcement. They will be glad to hear the news.

I wont buy a MAC until the new intel brand comes out.

i will certainly buy the VIRUS TI on 3rd October now. yippppeeeeee.

Actually Ben , can you also help me on what ""SOLCONNECTION"" wrote.

SOLCONNECTION WROTE
Quote:

afaik (and *please* correct me if im wrong because id love to know how to do this) logic records/bounces to .wav as it plays in real time....so when you want to record your track to .wav it plays it through and records as it goes. if your track gets really cpu heavy (which it always seems to when producing electronic music) and it starts stuttering or getting asio overloads your bounce will either have glitches in it or will be canceled.

in cubase it does it silently with a progress bar (in the way that reason does) and takes as long as it needs to produce a shiny unblemished rendered wav
have you ben come across this problem yet???? have you worked with heaps of audio tracks on LOGIC 5.5. have you had problems.

i have never bounced my audio tracks yet into a final stereo yet. all my tracks are still audio and midi. I hope their will be no problem.
i am still new to electronics music , coming from a classical background.
i still just listen to my stuff at home.

I thought that maybe SOLCONNECTIONS PROBLEM WAS A computer speed problem. Infact i know that LOGIC 7 actually at least halfs the speed of a bounce.
mmmmmmm
Old 23.09.2005, 11:57 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomonster
I think with the VSTi intergration the problems could be the lack of delay compensation in LOGIC AUDIO 5.5. but crikees LOGIC 7 hasnt got it either.

so mmmmmmmmmmmm.
Logic 7.1 has a full plugin delay compensation. Before 7.1 Logic has compensated only audio- and instrument tracks. But you can't use the TI in the buses anyway. Btw, I haven't used the full pdc in logic 7.1 yet. I use the normal delay compensation which doesn't include buses. This way I don't have to fight with my external synths latencies. If I put something in buses and the full pdc is on, the external synths will be out of sync, I guess.
Old 23.09.2005, 12:21 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Firstly, due to the fact that all of the sound of the TI is computed by the TI's DSP, only realtime bounces are possible (so long as you are bouncing TI tracks).

As for running it alongside loads of audio tracks, I tend not to do this as my PC has always had big problems with this, especially with Logic, so I can't really say. FWIW this has nothing to do with the TI's USB, as I have identical problems with my internal ASIO souncard.

The thing to realise is - with the Virus Control, it is extremely simple to bounce the Virus tracks down individually anyway, if it proves necessary for any reason and you can keep the midi tracks (muted), should you need them for further tweaking.