Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 20.12.2004, 11:32 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default VERY BASIC Q, PLS HELP AS A XMAS PRESENT!

Hi guys i have another very easy question like:
Iv got my beautiful virus C set up to Cubase SX2
and I can only hear the sounds if i set every channel to one
meaning that I can only hear what patch iv chosen for channel one
I cant have like track 1 is moog and 2 is snare etc
how do i have it so the virus works with every channel and not just channel one?
thanks guys! bless...
Old 20.12.2004, 12:04 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Send a message via MSN to harrystainer

it only plays one patch at a time because you will have your Virus set in single mode, which means it can only play back one patch at a time. If you go into Multi-mode the virus can play up to 16 different patches, all on seperate MIDI channels 1-16. Use the Multi/System Edit button on the virus left of the screen to select which patches you want on which channels. Finally I suggest to read the manual to get a better understanding of this.
Old 21.12.2004, 08:05 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Hi, thank you for replying
i know what you mean but when I put it into multi mode I cant cycle through different patches.
Im stuck on only being able to hear one even if i cycle through patches on cubase script list or manually through the value +- button on the virus
How can i go through all of the patches. Its like multi mode only has this one sound on it?
Old 23.12.2004, 03:36 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Wandering Kid

you can select any patch on the virus in multimode. take the first multi patch. use the parameter buttons to scroll through the menus. the first one you want is part enable. to keep things simple, disable all the other 15 parts so you can only hear the first. enable the first part and assign it to midi channel 1. that will playback through the first midi channel obviously. if you keep going you'll see you can change the bank and the patch number of the sound that is playing. so just change it to the patch you want. press multi and single buttons together to go into multi single mode and edit the patch to your liking then store it. go back into multi and press the right part button to go to the next multi timbral part. assign it to midi channel 2 and enable that part. now in your host add another midi out channel and assign this to channel 2. it will play back that part. choose the bank and patch number just like the first. in this way you can have 2 different sounds playing back at the same time from the virus.

good luck getting it working (although imo multimode is severely flawed and i rarely use it). cant have peeps not having their virus working on christmas day can we? ^________^
Old 24.12.2004, 04:03 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Wandering kid that is so kool thank you
iv been practising it, a lot of flicking and pressing things and switching when using viruses i see!
But im stuck on one thing u told me. Ok two.
How do i disable the other parts in multi mode like say i wanna use channel one how to do i disable all the others and
how do i assign channel one from virus onto sequencer
many thanks!
nick
ps merry xmas if i dont get back to u guys by tomoro!