Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 06.12.2020, 05:43 PM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
Absolutely nothing works with Big Sur. All I get is a message saying the developer needs to update the software to run on this OS.
Maybe get in touch with one of these guys to see what he did differently to get MIDI over USB working: https://www.virus.info/wbb_suite_3/i...activity-list/
Old 06.12.2020, 06:08 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBTC View Post
Maybe get in touch with one of these guys to see what he did differently to get MIDI over USB working: https://www.virus.info/wbb_suite_3/i...activity-list/

The days of me pulling my hair out and wasting countless hours trying to get my virus 'working' are over my friend. There is even a greyed out no entry sign on the virus control icon so I presume somebody is bullshitting.
Old 06.12.2020, 08:04 PM

Quote:
The days of me pulling my hair out and wasting countless hours trying to get my virus 'working' are over my friend. There is even a greyed out no entry sign on the virus control icon so I presume somebody is bullshitting.
Not bullshitting, others have said they were able to get MIDI over USB working, another thread here: virus.info/forum/index.php?thread/7660-virus-ti-not-compatible-with-macos-catalina-big-sur/&pageNo=1

But who knows if it's working under certain DAWS and not others. If it were me, I wouldn't chase it down either. I would just either use the controls on the Virus to do everything, or sell it, or switch to Windows. There are a lot of synths out there that are easy to get great sounds out of without messing with plugins. All my outboard synths sound better than my Snow did anyway.
Old 07.12.2020, 02:12 AM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Not bullshitting, others have said they were able to get MIDI over USB working, another thread here: virus.info/forum/index.php?thread/7660-virus-ti-not-compatible-with-macos-catalina-big-sur/&pageNo=1

But who knows if it's working under certain DAWS and not others. If it were me, I wouldn't chase it down either. I would just either use the controls on the Virus to do everything, or sell it, or switch to Windows. There are a lot of synths out there that are easy to get great sounds out of without messing with plugins. All my outboard synths sound better than my Snow did anyway.

I am using Live 10 and neither the plug in works or VC so the TI thing is not working. Midi over USB? I can stick a midi cable in the virus and it will work, what I want is the software to work!
Old 07.12.2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:
I am using Live 10 and neither the plug in works or VC so the TI thing is not working. Midi over USB? I can stick a midi cable in the virus and it will work, what I want is the software to work!
I've been integrating synths with computers since the mid 80's and I cannot remember a time I got what I wanted It's usually quite a grind to get everything working properly.

When I refer to MIDI over USB, I don't mean just a MIDI cable I mean that some folks are successfully running the software as a librarian and to edit the sound. Seriously, I urge you to do some reading on this. I don't know why its working for some not for others but I know you won't get anywhere with it if you limit your understanding to what is posted in this forum.

Go to the source of information, try to figure out what the differences are. Otherwise consider the alternatives I posted. Apple+Access Music = No Future.

https://www.virus.info/forum/index.p...ility-warning/

That's about the best I can do, sorry
Old 07.12.2020, 09:05 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
I've been integrating synths with computers since the mid 80's and I cannot remember a time I got what I wanted It's usually quite a grind to get everything working properly.

When I refer to MIDI over USB, I don't mean just a MIDI cable I mean that some folks are successfully running the software as a librarian and to edit the sound. Seriously, I urge you to do some reading on this. I don't know why its working for some not for others but I know you won't get anywhere with it if you limit your understanding to what is posted in this forum.

Go to the source of information, try to figure out what the differences are. Otherwise consider the alternatives I posted. Apple+Access Music = No Future.

https://www.virus.info/forum/index.p...ility-warning/

That's about the best I can do, sorry

Been at this quite a while now myself and I can tell you nobody has got VC or the plug-in working on a mac with Big Sur. Just trying to boot up VC you will get the following error message. "The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information." So yeah, pretty much dead in the water...don't believe everything you read on forums.
Old 07.12.2020, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Been at this quite a while now myself and I can tell you nobody has got VC or the plug-in working on a mac with Big Sur. Just trying to boot up VC you will get the following error message. "The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information." So yeah, pretty much dead in the water...don't believe everything you read on forums.
I guess between that conclusion and Access' official word, there's your answer....so what's next then? Move to Windows? Sell the Virus? Change workflow to use audio outs only? Let us know what you decide.