Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 03.12.2005, 05:37 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Wandering Kid

im used to the SA forums where worthless posts get you banned. thats just a product of having 60,000 forum posters and sometimes, i tend to take that view elsewhere. its not intentional. just habit. and if it seems like i am sensitive i am not. i just dont see the point of replying to a thread in which you cannot be bothered to contribute anything meaningful to. is this an unreasonable point of view?

i fail to see the point in taking the time out to tell the threadstarter that you cannot be bothered to help him out in his own thread. how very constructive of you. i mean, what the fucking christ is that all about? i also fail to see how any of what i quoted from you could be considered 'lighthearted,' 'humerous' or a 'bit of fun.'

back on topic though, i finally think im close to nailing a supersaw on a virus b...

heres the result:

http://media.putfile.com/Virus-B-Supersaw-v231

same high shelf is on it as before. detune is way up this time and unison detune is maxed. this is actually a multipatch but i cannot play it in realtime because it exceeds the voice limit of my virus b by a long way.

i had to up unison to x5 on the intervals. the sub part has unison cranked up to x8 and has the sub oscillator mixed in. the intervals and sub were recorded separately. then spliced together in soundforge.

the lower you play notes on the virus, the more buzzy the saw becomes. the JP supersaw can go really low (below C3) and it sounds really smooth. i kind of fluked through this and realised that the higher unison is, on low notes (below C4), the more fuzzy and smooth it sounds and it covers up the buzzing somewhat.

i normally dont like detune up this high because certain notes above C6 sound almost out of tune. but that was the only way i could get the fuzz like the reference sound im using.

i went back to a previous revision and redid all of the post processing. i will post the raw sound as well as the interval and sub parts separately to show you what a vast difference a high shelf can do and it abley demonstrates just how lacking in top end the virus saw/square is. overall its something of a pain in the ass to assemble.

you can definitely get very very close though. provided you have enough voices and the high shelf. again TI users will be laughing all the way to the trance factory...