Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 28.09.2005, 03:08 PM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

i dont belive it set in the warhouses simply for the reasons that the boxes are factory sealed and the distributers cant just open them to do software updates.
Old 28.09.2005, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

Quote:
the reasons that the boxes are factory sealed and the distributers cant just open them to do software updates.
Why not? As my brother that used to work as a warehouseman and his job was acctually to open boxes of wine (3 litre bags) and put them in a new swedish box instead.

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 28.09.2005, 06:30 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

I'm having a hard time believing any of this
I firmly believe that the TI's will ship on the 3rd.

It's funny because I still don't totally realize that in less than 2 weeks I might have received my TI...It just sounds so surreal. I wasn't expecting the TI anytime soon so I'm very, very very very happy
Old 28.09.2005, 07:00 PM
Pro
Pro

I don't believe that Access would let the music stores to do the software update. It's just too risky. Anything could go wrong. Access do it themselves and then ship the synths. None of this talk makes any sense.
Old 28.09.2005, 09:16 PM
Pro
Pro

Makes perfect sense to me, its what i have suspected all along
Old 28.09.2005, 09:54 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

maybe access have said this new date to keep everyone interested, maybe not.

i guess all you can do is wait for the 3rd and see...
Old 28.09.2005, 10:33 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Fumer Send a message via Yahoo to Fumer

I talked to nova musik and I'm a good long time customer of theirs. They said that the TI desktops will be coming in on the 3rd because they are the easiest to make. NM is getting just one of each of the Polar and Keyboard and they are one of the top 5 distribs for Access. They told me call every monday for an updated eta, but all should be filled the end of October most likely. So, that means those of us who order keys and polars may have to wait a bit longer because Access told NM that they will be shipping a ton of desktops, but don't even ask about the polars and keyboards right now. But they do expect to get more later in October. Even their web-sites says that desktops will be shipping NEXT week with free overnight shipping. The other two don't say that.
Old 29.09.2005, 01:12 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by F5D
I don't believe that Access would let the music stores to do the software update. It's just too risky. Anything could go wrong. Access do it themselves and then ship the synths. None of this talk makes any sense.
This topic wasn't about the Retailers having the hardware units but an offical Access warehouse/distributor having them in the country.

"Expect Audiomidi.com to be the first in the country to have them (Access TI synths) scince we are only a few miles from their distributor."
Audiomidi.com Podcast week of 19th Sept 05

This clearly points out the difference between 'distributor' and 'Retailer'.
Old 29.09.2005, 02:36 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs
This topic wasn't about the Retailers having the hardware units but an offical Access warehouse/distributor having them in the country.

"Expect Audiomidi.com to be the first in the country to have them (Access TI synths) scince we are only a few miles from their distributor."
Audiomidi.com Podcast week of 19th Sept 05

This clearly points out the difference between 'distributor' and 'Retailer'.
Ok, thanks for the clarification. Maybe I read the topic too fast. However, I wouldn't let even a distributor to update my synth's operating system (if it was my synth which they were selling). Too risky again IMO. Of course it depends on how qualified the ditributor is but sometimes they don't know much about the product they're distributing.
Old 29.09.2005, 02:58 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

F5D: Maybe the OS is fine, it might just be the VirusControl plugin that is available on a cd.