Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 06.10.2009, 11:31 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Default Question about the LFO menus.

Okay, I'm pretty solid on what the LFO rate knob does, but, I'm wondering what the first menu option is for after selecting LFO 1 and Osc 1 as your destination. It merely says "Osc 1" on the second level of the LED screen and has an number in the value portion that can be dialed from -64 to +64. Does it do the same as the rate knob? It sounds as if it does. Also, when I hit the right "Part" button, the display goes to the "Amount" menu screen, which I figure should dictate how much LFO 1 affects Osc 1, but, after dialing in an amount of 7 on the "Osc 1" menu screen, changing the "Amount" appears to have no effect. Please let me now if I am getting the functions of these menu screens correct. Thanks.
Old 07.10.2009, 02:28 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

"Amount", that's what that value does. The greater the value, the greater the LFO will have an effect on the destination. At zero, Osc1 will not be modulated (affected) by the LFO. At greater values it will be modulated by the LFO proportionally (much stronger). Inverse values will affect the destination in a negative fashion, but it will sound very similar as you would have only flipped the LFO shape.
Old 22.10.2009, 05:25 AM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
"Amount", that's what that value does. The greater the value, the greater the LFO will have an effect on the destination. At zero, Osc1 will not be modulated (affected) by the LFO. At greater values it will be modulated by the LFO proportionally (much stronger). Inverse values will affect the destination in a negative fashion, but it will sound very similar as you would have only flipped the LFO shape.
Now, if my assumption is correct, your reply was in response to the menu screen that has "Osc 1" in the left portion of the screen. Then, what purpose is the "amount" value in the next menu screen? Please forgive me if I am not putting this correctly, but I'm really not aware of how else to describe these two menu screens. Thanks beforehand. I'm guessing that the "amount" value just increases the "strength" or "intensity" of LFO 1 while, as you mentioned, the value dialed in on the "Osc 1" menu screen then increases the application of LFO 1 to Osc 1's pitch. Please let me know if I've got this wrong. And, I'll say it again, someone could make a lot of money by writing a REAL user's manual for the Virus.

Last edited by Remedial : 22.10.2009 at 02:45 PM.