Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 15.07.2009, 04:45 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default laptop stands

I am in the process of trying to find a nice sturdy stand for my studio any suggestions so far the winner is. http://www.raindesigninc.com/mstand.html
what are you using and why. Thank you!

Edit: forgot to add its for a 15 inch unibody mac

Last edited by Fogflip : 15.07.2009 at 05:03 AM.
Old 15.07.2009, 10:00 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Send a message via ICQ to tranqui

depends on whether you want the laptop above a control surface or not. one of my clients uses the stand you linked to and it's barely enough for a keyboard (the typing variety).

I'd suggest you take a look at the stanton uberstand (AKA litlab uberstand) and the magma dj stand 2.0. the latter is a bitch to assemble though; with the stanton/litlab model, you just fold it into position, fasten it with a plastic strap (included; I was a bit skeptical at first, but it works quite well) and you're done.

optically, the stanton will be a better fit for your alu macbook; in terms of sturdiness and flexibility, however, the magma stand wins. you can tilt more towards the front. I use both of them, actually. the magma stand will also perfectly hold a TI desktop. when I use it with my laptop in the tilted position, however, I fasten it to the stand using gaffa tape fot even more stability.
Old 16.07.2009, 05:01 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Thanks for the reply i will take a look at the magma stand i didn't realize the other one was so low was hoping to keep my audio interface below it.
Old 18.07.2009, 01:17 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Send a message via ICQ to tranqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogflip View Post
Thanks for the reply i will take a look at the magma stand i didn't realize the other one was so low was hoping to keep my audio interface below it.
that should work (from what I remember). a keyboard with knobs and faders definitely won't!