Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 11.08.2009, 08:33 AM
New here
New here

Smile Nord wave through virus

Hi there, just got my ti2 polar, what an awsome bit of kit! Working great through ableton and akai apc40 controller.
I was just wondering if it would be possibe to connect my nord wave through the virus and have it act as an independant synth with working midi and and an audio output that's picked up in ableton.
How would I set this up?
Old 11.08.2009, 09:23 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Send a message via ICQ to tranqui

I assume you are using your virus as an audio device and your nordwave is your only keyboard, right?
Old 11.08.2009, 10:09 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranqui View Post
I assume you are using your virus as an audio device and your nordwave is your only keyboard, right?
Sorry, yes the virus is connected up with USB as my audio device, I have usb1+2, 3+4, 5+6 going to 3 seperate controlable channels in ableton so I can use the volume sliders on my apc40. Would I have to sacrifice one of those outputs to hear my nord wave through it? Cheers
Old 12.08.2009, 02:55 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Send a message via ICQ to tranqui

as far as I know, the nordwave doesn't come with a neat VST plugin like the virus does so to hear it, you would have to go through the virus' audio input since it's your only audio device.

what bothers me is that when you play the nordwave's keys using it as a MIDI keyboard to play the virus, you'll probably have to mute the nord's audio out (or deactivate the according audio channel inside ableton) because you'd end up hearing both synths. yeah, I know, it's not a big deal to push a button - I just think it would be quite a pain in the ass to keep thinking about that during hours of work, it disturbs the flow (that's why I use rack synths if possible and control them all with 1 keyboard). but that's just me.

off the top of my head, I am not able to say if it's possible to do an "audio through" routing with the virus inside ableton using the routing options alone or if it will be necessary to use an input patch on one free bank of the synth. in any case, I'm pretty sure there will be slight delay issues, but first things first. I will try this in the evening when I get home (I don't have a nordwave, but pretty much any other hardware synth will do) - stay tuned.
Old 14.08.2009, 08:01 AM
New here
New here

Did you have any joy with this? I have been having a think and maybe best way to go about it is to create a clean input patch on the virus, set it as an audio channel then route it through output 2 or 3 to my mixer.
I should be able to assign some midi channels so both synths don't play at the same time.
My next question is can I run USB1-2, usb3-4, usb5-6 with all 3 analog outs at the same time?
Old 19.08.2009, 10:23 PM
New here
New here

I have had a good go at trying to get my nord wave as a stand alone instrument in ableton through the virus ti.
I have managed to get it working by starting the external instrument app in ableton and picking the virus ti midi for midi to.
Now as soon as i start Virus control, it totally stops working, is it because the virus is then acting as my soundcard when it is loaded?

So to make it clear, this is how i would like it to be set up in ableton

Virus USB1+2 ---- Virus USB3+4 ---- Virus USB 5+6 ---- Nord Wave

Is this possible through the virus? If not, what other options am i left with?
Thanks