Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 21.07.2006, 03:35 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default Matrix 1000 and ebay questions ..

A few days ago I decided to buy Oberheim Matrix 1000 and since it could take forever to find one used here and so far I can`t find any in my neighbourly countries I guess I`m gonna have to buy one from ebay which has tons of them so I`m checking out how things work there, any suggestions or experiences to tell?
I never bought anything from the internet so I`m a little bit scared and sceptic about it all ..

p.s. Also any Matrix 6 or Matrix 1000 users here? I`m trying to find some audio demos but couldn`t find many just 3 really short ones and the .rm one from vintagesynth.com
Old 21.07.2006, 12:24 PM
This forum member lives here

One thing to ask about if they don't mention it is is it has all the voices still. They are going down the same road as the Juno-106s in this regard. Best to make sure it still has all voices working.

I buy from the net pretty often, but that is on one of the auction sites here in Japan. I've never bought on ebay, so can't give much advice there.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 21.07.2006, 12:44 PM

Have you got Paypal account etc? Thats something you may need to set up. Other than that, when dealing with eBay, u just need to use your instincts. If something sounds too good to be true, then it is.

I have bought a Yamaha CS-10, Juno 60, and PG-1000 programmer from eBay, not to mention a few other bits of outboard etc, and havent had any issues yet

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 22.07.2006, 08:56 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

I have some expirience with the Matrix 6,
"Classic oberhim sound" which i personaly love.
Great fat round bass,warm pads and strings and awesome leads (dou to the great sweet sounding filter...)
The routing capabilties are very good (it has a matrix patchbay ,like in the Virus...)
Programing it is a huge pain in the ass since you have no knobs and just a huge list of manus and sub manus so i would suggest buying a dedicated hardware controler like the Behringer endless rotary knob box or such and\or geting a software editor like MidiQuest or Soundiver.

cheers,
Tomer.