Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 16.09.2004, 03:00 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

I am not in a desperate hurry,

but if ( and as I am finding out this is a big unknown) some useful extra features and functionality (like many of those featured in this forum) are going to be built into the forthcoming model,,it may be worth the wait.....

Its a big investment for me, so I am trying to ensure that I make the right decision

Aster
Old 16.09.2004, 03:45 PM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

well i dont think theres going to be any improvmenteds because its not going to be a fallow up for the virus c but a totaly different synth in my opinion.

why am im saying that?
access promised alot more to the virus c users and still havent suplyed much... so theres still more to come in that area i think.

anyway you should wait few months because it is a big invesment...
Old 16.09.2004, 03:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aster
I am not in a desperate hurry,

but if ( and as I am finding out this is a big unknown) some useful extra features and functionality (like many of those featured in this forum) are going to be built into the forthcoming model,,it may be worth the wait.....

Its a big investment for me, so I am trying to ensure that I make the right decision

Aster
Aye, it is, as for most people. I went searching high and low for a year or two and found no information hinting, regarding, or leading, to any future products from Access other than a so-called insider rumour that the C was only ever meant as an improvement to the B and that a whole re-design was under development, so after two years plus of the C being released I couldn't hang on to my money any longer and got an Indigo and a nice valve compressor, some active monitors and an, er, rather boring new printer.
The moral of the story, don't wait for an update or a new product that you're not aware of, or you might be waiting for a long time, and music might have moved on (well it has in the last two/three/four years, considerably!)

[He says, hypocritically, while sitting waiting for Intel's sonoma/alviso laptop platform to be finally unleashed ]
Old 16.09.2004, 06:33 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

whats that?
some kind of multimedia platform?
i heard stuff about platforms made spacialy for multimedia-video and audio for very low cpu and memory use by the platform but still good driver support.
Old 17.09.2004, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo
The moral of the story, don't wait for an update or a new product that you're not aware of, or you might be waiting for a long time, and music might have moved on (well it has in the last two/three/four years, considerably!)
Yep, I agree too. It's hard to know what you are waiting for and if it is a different thing to the C (my guess is it probably is different) then you would have been waiting for nothing. Go for it.

I'm officially jealous of your valve compressor Timo (unless it's the behringer one ).
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 17.09.2004, 03:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomer=Trance
whats that?
some kind of multimedia platform?
i heard stuff about platforms made spacialy for multimedia-video and audio for very low cpu and memory use by the platform but still good driver support.
Sonoma is the codename for the forthcoming Centrino mk2 laptops. The Alviso chipset (ie. the several chips that effectively make up the laptop 'motherboard') will run at an FSB of 533MHz, and the processors start at 2.13GHz clockspeed.

More info here. Should've been released now in September, but in true Intel style it has been pushed back a tad (several months).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
I'm officially jealous of your valve compressor Timo (unless it's the behringer one ).
Hehe, nothing uber special like a TLA or owt, it's a Mindprint T-Comp. Should be ?500 new, but grabbed an immaculate one 2nd-hand off of Ebay for an absolute bargain auction at ?120 as I don't think many people in the UK know of them! Desperately need a hardware mixer so I can integrate it properly with all my stuff - i've only had chance to have a few plays with it before having to reconfigure all my cables/routing and stuff. D'oh.
Old 17.09.2004, 04:14 PM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

Timo,

It might not be suitable but I am selling a mixing desk - its a Soundcraft S200B delta 24 channel desk with 2 power supplies and a travel case.

Its in good condition despite its age. Excellent sounding though

a bargain at ?400
Old 17.09.2004, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Hi Martin, is that the Soundcraft Series 200B, or the Soundcraft 200 Delta?

Was itching after an automated 8-buss, something like a second-hand Ghost24 or Allen & Heath GS3v. Gear lust, d'oh.
Old 17.09.2004, 10:26 PM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

Its the Series 200 B. I meant Delta as in the shape - I didn't know Soundcraft made a delta range as well.

It really does sound good but its not an Allen Heath though!