Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 12.02.2007, 10:41 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default recording automation with the TI within cubase

excuse me for being a bit of a mumpty, but I cant seem to record the automation using TI within cubase, do I have to configure anything.

everythings working perfectly just can't record any automation. i.e. release, cutoff etc
Old 12.02.2007, 11:13 PM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

Can you record automation against other VSTs?

Just wondering if it is particular to the virus or not?

You should just be able to turn the Red W on for writing, record the automation and the turn the green R on for Reading. Apologies if you already know this...

Drammy
Old 13.02.2007, 10:32 AM
Very mucho Newbie

all other vst's are fine, using the w and r function, just not the virus
Old 13.02.2007, 04:43 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to bishopkris40

yeah, you have to add the part to the automation list, Simply right click on the part you want to add in Virus Control. Then you'll be fine, some are already added, but since you're asking then I'd try checking this.

Cheers
Kris
Old 13.02.2007, 07:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to ///AznTi

Word. What he said.

Also make sure to look on the bottom of Cubase where it will say VST instruments. Pull out the Access Synth TI section out and place it near your track this way you keep things a bit more organized.

Its there in that section where you will find the filter, cutoff, etc options to automate and tweak everything. Look by the + symbol

Remember to click R and W when recording your automation. When done simply shut off W. And watch that sucker play back what you did.

Piece of cake.

Hit me up if you need help meng

Hope that helps
Old 15.02.2007, 09:39 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Got it working kinda.
here's the scenario

switched R and W on virus ti rightclicked on sustain and added to automation
but there's still bits of automation happening that shouldnt be, but when i open the piano roll of the track in cubase I cant see any automation, just system exclusive?
Old 15.02.2007, 09:53 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

in the arranger window is the best place to see your automation, if you use the right click on the arranger window and select show all used automation and then you should see everything that is being used
Old 15.02.2007, 11:42 PM
Very mucho Newbie

the arrange window in cubase?
if thats what you mean i've looked in there and its not displaying any controller data apart from velocity, the only other one with anything on is system exclusive.

While i'm here aswell, ever since I installed ti v 2.0 yesterday, i'm getting some major out of sync or latency thing happening
Old 16.02.2007, 03:48 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I'm at work so can't check (and it's 4:40am here) I'll double check when I get up, in the arranger window where you can see all the midi and audio tracks there is a VST section that the TI VC is, in there you can expand it so that you can see all the control's VC is using. But if you try to right click on say midi channel 1's label area then you can select show used automation for all tracks.

It works on the window somewhere, I'm no Cubase guru so you'll have to experiment and you should see it.

As for the sync issue is this with arps? There is a standard practice to start your song at say 3.0.0.0 but let the sequencer start playing at 1.0.0.0 There seems to be some issues with the cubase time code settling, see if that helps.

I'm on Cubase SX 3, used 2.0 since I got it and have no issues, full automation and I can view it all, the only thing you cannot automate from the hardware and have to do in VC is the softknobs.

Hit me if you have issues
kris
Old 16.02.2007, 12:04 PM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

When you say arranger do you mean the arrangement window (ie the main Cubase window) or do you meant he key editor (the piano roll etc...)?

You will only get ControllerChange (CC) messages (like velocity, modulation etc...) in the key editor whereas the Arrangement widnow will display VST automation as well as CC messages - this is different to CC messages.

In the arrangement window, CC messages will appear on the MIDI event, whereas the VST automation is displayed by expanding the corresponding VST instrument / effect lanes.

You need to think in two realms - MIDI and Audio(inc VSTs).

MIDI uses CC messages (and SYSEX in some instances) to control parameter changes on a MIDI device (SYSEX is mainly used to dump/load patches and instrument configs).

VST is "relativley" new technology (as you are probably aware) and therefore not restricted to only 128 parameters like MIDI. Each available parameter in the VST effect or Instrument is mapped into the VST host so they are visible by expanding the + signs against the VST channel (not the MIDI channel - as Azanti and bishopkris40 explained)

So when you view MIDI in Cubase it is just that MIDI, nothing to do with VSTs or anything like that - hence why you can take one MIDI part and copy it to make another instrument play the same part.

Hope this makes sense and apologies if you already understand this - I don't mean to patronise...

Drammy