Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 26.11.2008, 08:56 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to HiEnergy Send a message via AIM to HiEnergy Send a message via Yahoo to HiEnergy

My TI Desktop has red LEDs going dark in an intermitting irregular fashion in the LFO assignment section, filter mode display, transpose and effect settings.
I already observed this behaviour on my unit running OS2.5 and also now with 2.7.3

I hope this is not a hardware problem. Will contact Access soon, I guess.

stay tuned
HiEnergy
Old 30.11.2008, 12:49 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiEnergy View Post
My TI Desktop has red LEDs going dark in an intermitting irregular fashion in the LFO assignment section, filter mode display, transpose and effect settings.
I already observed this behaviour on my unit running OS2.5 and also now with 2.7.3

I hope this is not a hardware problem. Will contact Access soon, I guess.

stay tuned
HiEnergy

Hey HiEnergy,

Any word from our friends at Access Support about the LED issue? I hope is not hardware either, I just hope it's a bug in the new OS and they can just write a new code to squash the problem or they are going to have a lot of Virus's on the bench to be fixed..............
Old 01.12.2008, 08:38 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Excuse me for diving in to a Polar thread when I have the KB version. It's just that I suspect I am noticing a similar thing with respect to the *effects* LEDs only. What I see is that effects with settings other than completely 'OFF' or 'DRY' have their LED glowing (and flickering) at about 1/3 brightness; effects that are totally OFF are unlit; and the effect that is current for editing has a solid LED. So for each of the two sets of effects, there is always one fully lit (the one that is current for editing), then a mixture of unlit and partially lit depending on settings. I assumed it was Access's intentional way of enabling us to see which effects are active (partially lit) and which of all the effects is lined up for editing.

Is this what you are seeing, and is it different from a 'bleed' problem you are seeing with some of the other LEDs?
Old 07.12.2008, 03:11 PM
Newborn
Newborn

i had the same glimmering/flickering LED issues, an these were quite distracting, espacially in a dimmed light environment.argg
many different LED's like the ones above the main config, remote and multiedit LED's were affected by this, which should actually be completely off, if not inside the edit mode or so. also some on the effects, LED's were pulsating quite strange.

but the strangest part is that when i switched to another preset, other LED's started flickering.

here is a move i've made of this
http://www.emusic.lu/virusti_LEDbug.mov

i contacted the access support, i was told that this is not normal, and my ti needs be repaired.

last week then, my TI came back from repair. they had to exchange all of the front LED-system on the board, and on the first look it seemed fine. but then, when i had a look on the effect section, i saw all led flickering around at exactly the same frequency. so the machine went back to the repairservice.
later last week they called that this was not a hardware problem anymore, that the flickering LED's on the effect part apparently was a BUG in the latest 2.7.3 firmware, and that access is working in a fix!!!

now i just hope that this is true, and not only the easiest way to get ridd of me, cause all repairs have been made under warranty... i m still pretty concerned about this...
Old 07.12.2008, 10:25 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toming View Post
i had the same glimmering/flickering LED issues, an these were quite distracting, espacially in a dimmed light environment.argg
many different LED's like the ones above the main config, remote and multiedit LED's were affected by this, which should actually be completely off, if not inside the edit mode or so. also some on the effects, LED's were pulsating quite strange.

but the strangest part is that when i switched to another preset, other LED's started flickering.

here is a move i've made of this
http://www.emusic.lu/virusti_LEDbug.mov

i contacted the access support, i was told that this is not normal, and my ti needs be repaired.

last week then, my TI came back from repair. they had to exchange all of the front LED-system on the board, and on the first look it seemed fine. but then, when i had a look on the effect section, i saw all led flickering around at exactly the same frequency. so the machine went back to the repairservice.
later last week they called that this was not a hardware problem anymore, that the flickering LED's on the effect part apparently was a BUG in the latest 2.7.3 firmware, and that access is working in a fix!!!

now i just hope that this is true, and not only the easiest way to get ridd of me, cause all repairs have been made under warranty... i m still pretty concerned about this...
please try 2.7.5 (available on the access website) and check back

thanks, marc
Old 09.12.2008, 04:40 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzymackenzie View Post
Excuse me for diving in to a Polar thread when I have the KB version. It's just that I suspect I am noticing a similar thing with respect to the *effects* LEDs only. What I see is that effects with settings other than completely 'OFF' or 'DRY' have their LED glowing (and flickering) at about 1/3 brightness; effects that are totally OFF are unlit; and the effect that is current for editing has a solid LED. So for each of the two sets of effects, there is always one fully lit (the one that is current for editing), then a mixture of unlit and partially lit depending on settings. I assumed it was Access's intentional way of enabling us to see which effects are active (partially lit) and which of all the effects is lined up for editing.

Is this what you are seeing, and is it different from a 'bleed' problem you are seeing with some of the other LEDs?
I verified this last night. This is indeed the behavior that I was seeing on my TI Keyboard. The LEDs of the effects that are enabled but not the currently selected effect glow dimly. Good, I guess there isn't a problem after all, at least with the keyboard version!
Old 10.12.2008, 09:03 PM
Complete Newbie

I have updated my Virus TI Polar to the new update 2.7.5 and it seems to have "almost" fixed all of the problem. There is still a couple of lights doing the same thing, but man, it's a big difference. It's feels like a different experience. I am not annoyed as much now when I am zoning out..............LOL...............
Old 11.12.2008, 02:06 AM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Indeed, 2.7.5 has almost solved this issue except for the Transpose +2 light which still flashes regardless of patch.
Old 13.12.2008, 11:42 AM
Complete Newbie

Crossfire, I have the same problem with the +2 transpose light on a TI Keyboard I just bought (and upgraded to 2.7.5 OS). It blinks at about 50% brightness and particularly I've noticed it's exactly in-sync with the Edit/Config button lights. I've also noticed that when I select +2 transpose the phaser light glows very dimly. Some strange problems, I also hope that they are not hardware issues..
Old 05.01.2009, 11:13 AM
New here
New here

Send a message via ICQ to roocza
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitAl56K View Post
Crossfire, I have the same problem with the +2 transpose light on a TI Keyboard I just bought (and upgraded to 2.7.5 OS). It blinks at about 50% brightness and particularly I've noticed it's exactly in-sync with the Edit/Config button lights. I've also noticed that when I select +2 transpose the phaser light glows very dimly. Some strange problems, I also hope that they are not hardware issues..

You´re describing exactly the same issue, I have. I´ve already got in touch with access tech support, and they told me, this problem is however, hardware related, and my TI needs to be fixed. Only positive thing is, that the LED flickering problem is purely optical, and should not affect sound behaviour of the machine. I think the synth is too expensive to excuse these bugs, so i´m sending it to repair next week.