Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 08.12.2008, 10:39 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Default 2 Questions about the TI

Hi,

just bought a Virus Snow and got some questions maybe you can answer.
1.How can i load new sounds into the virus? Can this only be done with sysex or can i load sounds directly from my harddisk into the ti plugin?

2.Can i use the usb connection to route audio trough the atomizer (usb input)?

3.Do i have to save a preset when edited or does it load auto with the ti plugin in cubase?

thanx!
Old 08.12.2008, 11:03 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Hi there and welcome....

1. Sounds can be loaded with the use of the Virus Control plugin in you're sequencer...or by using the standalone app called Virus Control Center.

2. I am not sure...but i guess that this is not possible...but i could be wrong.

3. I think you have to save the preset when edited within the Virus Control plugin...else you cannot load it when you want to use it later on.
Old 08.12.2008, 11:23 AM
Infektion taking hold...

2.Can i use the usb connection to route audio trough the atomizer (usb input)? - HIGHLY ANTICIPATED!!!!! sidechain input feature, It was said this was gonna be available in a update, but I have yet to see it!
Old 11.12.2008, 09:43 PM
New here
New here

Send a message via MSN to CyberKenny

Lastly 3. I think you have to save the preset when edited within the Virus Control plugin...else you cannot load it when you want to use it later on.

At least in FL Studio 8 it loads plugins with parameters and settings, not presets. The settings are being saved in the project file. As the Virus TI Virus Control works as a plugin that is being managed by the sequencer I would believe that every single parameter should be saved too, regardless if the preset is saved or not. Try to compare it to other plugins, even though they aren't hardware the default presets aren't the ones loaded instead of that beautiful sound you spent half an hour yesterday working on! That would just be horrible and not intuitive at all. It should be mentioned that I have lots of the preset names called just -Init- in the part selection because of this!

Of course, while the Virus Control is a handy feature, not everyone uses it. I probably use too much MIDI, but I found it being more stable than the plugin, and faster too. If this is the case, using MIDI instead of VC, then you are the one responsible for managing presets by saving it directly to the Virus or dumping them to the sequencer (of which FL Studio is not a good candidate because of the lack of SysEx support). I'm definitely going back to VC because of this. It's getting better by each update and serves a great deal in the way of handling presets.

Just wanted to point that out, however if you want to be dead sure you could always save the preset, either by using the Virus' "limited" space or the huge plugin database, it's your choice.
Old 07.01.2009, 05:10 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

On the USB audio routing in to Atomizer, I emailed Access Support today suggesting this feature and got a reply from Joerg in about five minutes. He said it is a lot harder to do than it sounds, but they are obviously aware that this is high on the wish list for Virus users.

I believe Joerg, but I'm really surprised that this is hard to do considering that the integration between Core Audio on the Mac and the Virus is so tight. While I was learning how to use Atomizer this evening, I figured I could just route iTunes through to the Virus by setting the Virus up as the default output on my Mac in the System Preferences Sound panel. When Atomizer was not working, I figured I was doing something wrong, but it started working when I routed a separate audio cable from the Mac's audio output in to the Virus's inputs.

Anecdotally, the quality of the audio coming out of the Virus when you use it as the default output from the Mac is superb - best clarity I have ever heard coming out of my Mac's audio engine.

- max