Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 19.11.2008, 02:50 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default Extremely strange sync problem

Hi folks, I'm new to these boards, so please forgive me if I sound a little stupid. Anyway, I've been a Desktop owner since the Summer and I still haven't got my Virus working properly. I only discovered these forums recently so I hope I'll get some good advice from you folks!

Right, back to the point. I own FL studio 8 and I have the Demo Version of Live 7, however, in each sequencer the Virus won't play in sync. It's nothing to do with PDC by the way, the Virus actually sounds like a Glitch machine or something... Can anyone please help me or give me advice on what to do? I've tried forum search, though I couldn't find anyone with a similar problem. When I first load up Virus Control and play something, it works fine, but after a few seconds everything basically goes haywire. Say for example I play an arp on a pluck sound, it will stay in sync for around 5 seconds and then all of a sudden go crazy!

Please, any help would be great. I've had my Virus for about 3 months and still haven't been able to use it

Thanks in advance people, all advice is more than welcome!
Old 19.11.2008, 05:35 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Sounds to me like you may have an older OS, I had similar problems with an earlier OS......

Questions for you:

1. What is PDC?

2. Are you using Virus Control? If so, have you tried just hooking up your Virus via midi, not using Virus control, and testing it that way?

3. If you load a simple pad and hold a chord, will you hear a chord, or something "crazy"?

4. Does the patch you have loaded say atomizer on it?

5. Have you updated your Virus to the newest operating system? If not, go to www.access-music.de and download OS 2.7.3.

6. Do you like hamburgers or marshmellows?
Old 19.11.2008, 09:38 PM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monobeat View Post
Sounds to me like you may have an older OS, I had similar problems with an earlier OS......

Questions for you:

1. What is PDC?

2. Are you using Virus Control? If so, have you tried just hooking up your Virus via midi, not using Virus control, and testing it that way?

3. If you load a simple pad and hold a chord, will you hear a chord, or something "crazy"?

4. Does the patch you have loaded say atomizer on it?

5. Have you updated your Virus to the newest operating system? If not, go to www.access-music.de and download OS 2.7.3.

6. Do you like hamburgers or marshmellows?
Hey man, thanks a lot for replying.

1. It's set to 92.36 I think, or something along those lines.

2. I'm running it through USB at the moment, haven't tried MIDI yet.

3. I'll hear the pad play normally and then all of a sudden go crazy again.

4. Nope

5. Yep, I used the newest OS. I even tried the older one on Live 7

6. Love both em

7. Thanks for taking time to help me out
Old 19.11.2008, 09:56 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Also, what is your audio buffer set to? I'd try 256, 512, 1024 and see if you have varying results....

Questions:

1. Define "PDC".
2. Define "Go Crazy".

To systematically troubleshoot I would... in Ableton....

*Open a new session without the virus control, or just delete the plugin.
*Route your midi track to Virus Synth... (this takes advantage of USB midi)
*Make sure your patch is set to Out 1+2 in the common section.
*This should produce a perfect sound, without glitches.

If you have glitches with this setup, it may be a hardware problem.

If this works fine for you, then your computer is the problem... The Virus Control software is very stable now and should not be giving you the headaches anymore.

Different USB cable, different USB port, even try setting up on a different computer if you have the resources.
Old 20.11.2008, 11:21 AM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monobeat View Post
Also, what is your audio buffer set to? I'd try 256, 512, 1024 and see if you have varying results....

Questions:

1. Define "PDC".
2. Define "Go Crazy".

To systematically troubleshoot I would... in Ableton....

*Open a new session without the virus control, or just delete the plugin.
*Route your midi track to Virus Synth... (this takes advantage of USB midi)
*Make sure your patch is set to Out 1+2 in the common section.
*This should produce a perfect sound, without glitches.

If you have glitches with this setup, it may be a hardware problem.

If this works fine for you, then your computer is the problem... The Virus Control software is very stable now and should not be giving you the headaches anymore.

Different USB cable, different USB port, even try setting up on a different computer if you have the resources.
The buffer is currently set to 1024, I'm using ASIO drivers.

1. PDC - Plugin delay compensation (which is basically when the instrument
takes too long to respond when a note is hit)

2. It's hard to define, it literally does go very glitchy and completely out of sync and stops for seconds at certain intervals, and this happens with any preset, even if it's just a simple pluck, something will still go wrong.

My demo version of Live is about to run out, I own FL 8 though, was actually thinking of switching to Cubase as it apparently handles hardware better. Anyway, It could be my current hardware. My PC's specs are terrible (1.25ghz, 512mb Ram), Although I've just ordered a new PC with 4gb of Ram and Core 2 Duo processor (3.16ghz), so maybe that might help...

By the way, I read somewhere that the new OS apparently doesn't work with FL studio 8? But I doubt that as it doesn't work for me on Live either...

Anyway, thanks a bunch for your help man, I'm useless when it comes to hardware Thanks again!
Old 26.11.2008, 05:52 PM
Complete Newbie

Anymore ideas or advice folks? I'd highly appreciate it!
Old 11.12.2008, 10:11 PM
New here
New here

Send a message via MSN to CyberKenny

Any progress on this? I just thought I needed to mention that my TI Snow goes bananas if the CPU usage gets too high on the computer when using FL Studio 8. None of the LFOs or arps syncs with the tempo anymore and random dropouts are heard. However, the 2.7.5 update works reasonably well as it seems that these issues are gone at my side. I stresstested it by loading up a fairly heavy project in FL Studio, filling in with CPUKiller and playing an intensive patch on the Virus (using all 4 parts on the Snow with hypersaws, the third osc, LFOs, arps, effects etc.) to be sure. Funny enough it played fine after the update with CPUKiller taking up to 99% of the processor on minimum latency for a minute or so, finally freezing up so I had to kill (haha ) CPUKiller. To my amazement the Virus continued playing and have been doing so for the last ten minutes without a hitch while I have been adding more and more complexity to the song!

I was just wondering if you have had any luck with your new computer thinking by the way of lack of system resources or if something else is/was wrong?
Old 17.12.2008, 01:31 AM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberKenny View Post
Any progress on this? I just thought I needed to mention that my TI Snow goes bananas if the CPU usage gets too high on the computer when using FL Studio 8. None of the LFOs or arps syncs with the tempo anymore and random dropouts are heard. However, the 2.7.5 update works reasonably well as it seems that these issues are gone at my side. I stresstested it by loading up a fairly heavy project in FL Studio, filling in with CPUKiller and playing an intensive patch on the Virus (using all 4 parts on the Snow with hypersaws, the third osc, LFOs, arps, effects etc.) to be sure. Funny enough it played fine after the update with CPUKiller taking up to 99% of the processor on minimum latency for a minute or so, finally freezing up so I had to kill (haha ) CPUKiller. To my amazement the Virus continued playing and have been doing so for the last ten minutes without a hitch while I have been adding more and more complexity to the song!

I was just wondering if you have had any luck with your new computer thinking by the way of lack of system resources or if something else is/was wrong?
Hey, thanks for the reply dude. My new PC has arrived, now I just need internet access so I can download the OS. Theres a good chance it will run better though, as my old computer had 512mb Ram, while this one has 4Gb and also a way faster processor! I'll let you know how it goes when I'm setup. Thanks again for the reply
Old 22.12.2008, 08:31 PM
Complete Newbie

i have a powerful computer and still had sync problems with fl8 whether running it through usb or midi and from what i have read on various forums had led me to go and buy cubase 4(with being on vista) lets hope this works
Old 22.12.2008, 08:31 PM
Complete Newbie

i have a powerful computer and still had sync problems with fl8 whether running it through usb or midi and from what i have read on various forums had led me to go and buy cubase 4(with being on vista) lets hope this works!