Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 21.09.2005, 02:20 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Great post, agree 100% with this

-VR
Old 21.09.2005, 03:51 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

Is it really that dark sounding?
http://www.soundwizard.de/Sounds/www...%20Schleis.mp3
I don't think these sounds qualify as being dark

But I agree about the dark and rather aggressive character of the synth...
I miss my virus!
Old 21.09.2005, 04:33 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Osci

thanks for all the feedback.

Digital scream I know what you are saying and agree. It sucks when cash is tight though. I have buyers intrested in it at a good price so I would not loose much but still I could see myself buying it again one day.
As I said I think the virus is a great synth but it is not the best synth for me. ahhhh I hate these decisions. The best answer would be to just buy all of them and have my girlfriend leave me because I never bought an RRSP! 8O ok not an option LOL

back to reality. I am going to think about it for a little wile longer. Thanks again for all the feedback.
Old 21.09.2005, 05:25 PM
This forum member lives here

To be honest Osci if your satisfied with the Nord 2 and ImpOscar then stick with those. I'll be the first one to agree/admit that the Virus tone is not for everyone. Yes its a nice synth...but its an acquired taste for sure.

Exactly what are you looking for from a synth? You have the VA domain well covered (and you have the brightness/crispness from the Nord)....so what exactly are you missing? Went 'n' warm synth sounds? Maybe its time you go for some real analog.

Affordable options include: Roland JX10, Roland Juno 60, Moog Prodigy, SCI Pro-One....or you could just kiss your girlfriend goodbye and cut to the chase with a SCI Prophet 5 or Jupiter 8.

Do you like Felix Da Housecat....his music is 95% Jupiter 8 and Prophet 5.

Would you like me to email you some of his tracks in MP3? Its no sweat....that way you can hear the synth tone im talking about.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 21.09.2005, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSTATION
Is it really that dark sounding?!
Yep, the Virus is very dark sounding.....more so if you use the Moog filter. Im suprised no one has picked up on this.

Contrast Manual's soundset with this. Can you hear the difference?

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan0...assSection.mp3

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan0...09ScoopPad.mp3

Now try and make a sound as bright as that.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 21.09.2005, 06:30 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Again!! Totally agree again!!! I think I'm gonna stop saying that... ok from now on I'l agree with what DS says

-VR
Old 21.09.2005, 09:27 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Osci

hey there digital

the audio files that you posted say it all LOL. As for having the VA area well covered I would have to dissagree. Thre are tones that the Minimosta comes up with that the neither the oscar or the nord can touch. Also the same thing with the oddity (dam love both them synths!). But I do hear what your saying about having it pretty well under controll. I have decided to sell the virus and go for Reaktor for some digital sounds. It is a HUGE package and will help fill out the holes in my sound.

I can kinda see the end of my list in the way of synths though (ya right)... I own reason (i think it sounds kinda thin alot of the time) and think it is ok. I have the imposcar, very warm and wonderfull I have the powercore card with the copy of the 01 synth (a copy of the sh101) it is NASTY!. Will be picking up Reaktor for digital sounds and odds and ends all over the spectrum. But even then there is nothing there that rely sounds like the minimonsta or the oddity so I will be picking both of them up one day as well as the way out ware's arp2600. At that point I will have all that I need. I know that when i get there some time next year that all other synths that I buy are just pure lust!

P.S. I am downloading some of da house cat right now

thanks again for all the posts ! This is good forum
Old 21.09.2005, 09:33 PM

Good Osci im glad youve made a positive decision. A hard one I know...but atleast you can get on and make the style of music you wish.

If you PM me I can send you some cool Felix Da Housecat tracks!

DS

Old 21.09.2005, 10:35 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

I know the virus has a distinct sound (as in any synth) but its alot in how you model or engineer the sound your looking for. Ive made many a tecKno patch with the virus. If your looking just for patches there are some good ones out there but the majority your just gonna have to tune and tweak till you find what your looking for. It may be tedious but the virus will make what you need. so get those knobs turnin. hell im still finding new kick ass patches I made from the jp8080. Its what you make it.
Old 21.09.2005, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osci
At that point I will have all that I need.
LOL.....Yeah, thats what I thought! There is always more

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60