Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 26.01.2009, 12:16 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to bishopkris40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHobbit View Post
The problem I have is similar.

The virus will suddenly not send any audio (usb or analogue out)s eve though its receiving midi messages...all other kit is fine, however I did notice that it seemed to knock out other vsts so maybe a daw issue.

Whats the best way to use the virus purely as midi sound module and elimnate virus core? Seems to be the VC that 'could' be messing it up.

Thanks
Do you have the 3 out/ 1 in enabled? Try changing that to 3 out and see if your sound returns
Old 26.01.2009, 01:13 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

I was having the same problem .. I installed os 3 and logic was receiving midi, I could even see the volume bar going up and down in the virus software when pressing keys but no audio in logic ..

I have since deleted os 3 and reinstalled os 2.7.5 and its doing the same thing .. on the virus desktop display is it meant to display USB on the panel ? if using the USB link to the computer, which i am ! if so its not on mine !

Can someone please help me out here, have been sitting for 3 days now unable to work on any of my projects as the virus is producing no audio !

Help !
Old 26.01.2009, 02:03 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue-horizon View Post
I was having the same problem .. I installed os 3 and logic was receiving midi, I could even see the volume bar going up and down in the virus software when pressing keys but no audio in logic ..

I have since deleted os 3 and reinstalled os 2.7.5 and its doing the same thing .. on the virus desktop display is it meant to display USB on the panel ? if using the USB link to the computer, which i am ! if so its not on mine !

Can someone please help me out here, have been sitting for 3 days now unable to work on any of my projects as the virus is producing no audio !

Help !
first of all, if the level meter of the channel strip you've instantiated VC on shows a signal, you either have a problem with the routing in logic's mixer or your master out doesn't work as expected. a non operation master out can indeed be the result of switching to the "3 outputs / 1 input" mode. the "1 input" used for side chaining essentially is the same channel used for the output of the virus' sound card before. if this doesn't help, try resetting the virus (power on + hold ARP EDIT).

hth, marc
Old 26.01.2009, 02:14 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
pighood, i think the entire board knows this by now, no need to spam every single thread possible

post me the serial number of your unit privately (or alternatively your email address so i can find you in our support database). i'll try to help you out.

i'm positive you unit is not physically damaged.

best, marc
I only spam relevant threads.

PM sent w/SN.

Correct, the unit is not physically damaged that I can SEE.
Old 26.01.2009, 02:33 PM
New here

Quote:
first of all, if the level meter of the channel strip you've instantiated VC on shows a signal, you either have a problem with the routing in logic's mixer or your master out doesn't work as expected. a non operation master out can indeed be the result of switching to the "3 outputs / 1 input" mode. the "1 input" used for side chaining essentially is the same channel used for the output of the virus' sound card before. if this doesn't help, try resetting the virus (power on + hold ARP EDIT).

hth, marc
Tried both of these and still nothing ... I just noticed something .. when the virus is powered off and im in logic and then i turn the power on it usually asks me do i want to use the virus as my default audio device as to which i always click NO as im using external sound card if I did click yes before it set the virus as my default audio device .. now if i click yes logic is returning an error message '' error code 2 - was returned by the audio driver '' !

any ideas mate ?
Old 26.01.2009, 06:16 PM
Infektion taking hold...

I had the USB audio loss too yesterday.

Had to power off the unit to clear it. Soft-reboot didn't work.
Old 26.01.2009, 06:37 PM
New here
New here

Pighood,

I had the problem of not been able to upgrade from 2.5.1 to either 2.7.3, 2.7.5 or OS 3. I was back and fore from access support with Joerg but we couldn't seem to fix it however I just decided to down grade and did so to 2.0.3 which worked fine and then I upgraded to OS 3.0 with no problems at all, I haven't fully tested it but it proves there was nothing wrong with the TI.

I also tried to install using VC from 2.5.1 but that didn't work as I say I had to downgrade before I could upgrade and skipped 2.7.3 and 2.7.5 in the process. Hope this might be of help.
Old 26.01.2009, 06:38 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:

hth, marc
I had this same problem last night. After pulling the power on the Virus, it came back on and the audio worked. Funny thing is... No matter what soundcard I routed my audio to, when VC was open prior to powering down the Virus, I could get no audio out of ANY of my interfaces. On g5 dual 2.0, Ableton 7, VC 0S.3.
Old 26.01.2009, 07:15 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Having very similar problems with not being able to get any sound when loading a project with a virus in Cubase 4.5.2. If I start a new project and then loads the virus, it usually works ok but not if I am trying to open an existing one.

Same problems: no sound getting out at all for any instrument (VSTi) and VC stating (at times) connection lost with audio driver.

Sometimes it's actually possible to play the project (start with spacebar), but no reactions to midi keyboard input is made.

Using PC with XP 32-bit, 3 Gb ram.
Old 26.01.2009, 07:24 PM
New here

as I said before I have downgraded to 2.7.5 and this audio problem still persists .. so its clearly a serious problem. I have taken a week off work on holiday and was hoping to spend alot of time in my studio working on tracks .. now im spending the time trying to find the solution to this problem .. I'm pissed to say the least. Has anyone actually had this problem and reverted it on a mac using logic ... anyone !