Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11.05.2009, 03:14 PM
New here
New here

Default Live 7 and Virus Snow or TI? Do you have midi timing issues?

Oops: can a mod move this to the 'Trouble' sub-forum?

I am using the latest version of Live 7 with the latest OS3 Virus VC software on macbook (latest model). I have no problems with the plug in, while I have the tracks armed, I get pretty much zero latency. When I go to record midi in a clip, all the recorded notes are delayed by quite a bit.

I have tried enabling the 'live' button in the VC interface, and I end up with notes the end up earlier than what I recorded.

The only thing that works well is if I open up another midi track in LIVE with the VC vst in an existing midi track, and set up an external midi device that points to the VC VST. Only then do I get perfect midi timing. HOWEVER, that only works for the first track. On the 2nd midi track I open and create an extrnal midi device for, and point it to the VSTi track, The timing is also delayed by a lot.

Does anyone use the VC VSTi successfully without any timing issues? How are you doing it?

I have even played around with midi delays in LIVE, but the delay amount seems to keep changing per midi channel part, and is a headache to keep track of.