Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 24.06.2009, 09:23 AM
New here
New here

Default Failed to load Audio Drivers

Hi,

I have come across a strange problem. Im on PC using Live 8 and latest version of TI software.

On a project I'm currently working on, I've loaded it up one day and the TI failed to "connect" to the project. When I opened up Virus Control, all I get is a message saying "Failed to load audio drivers. This could be because too many usb devices are connected or try re-installing TI software."

The project worked fine in every other way, apart from the Virus. Strange thing is, I loaded up other projects and the TI loaded up fine. Even an earlier version of the current project loaded up with the TI working.

Anyway, at this point, I ws on the latest beta TI software so I installed the very latest full release but it made no difference to the problem.

I've googled this error message and found that someone else with this issue found it was a certain vst causing the issue. When they removed the vst from the project, and re-opened the project without it, the virus loaded up no problem. I have tried this myself and discovered that Stylus RMX was the culprit. Removing this allowed the virus to load up correctly. This is annoying as Stylus RMX is an essential plugin for me.

So my current work around is, to drag the Stylus group track into the live8 browser and save it. Then delete it from the project. Save the project and re-open. Virus TI now loads up correctly. Then drag the Stylus group track I saved from the browser into the project. All routings, FX etc are as they should be. Work on project as normal. Then when finished, repeat the process.

Thing to remember here is the Virus, once loaded, will work fine regardless of what I add to the project. It just needs to load FIRST before adding whichever vst is causing the issue.

Gods knows why this is happening on this project for me as I have other projects with both the TI and Stylus RMX and it loads no issue.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening on this particular project when Stylus RMX works fine with the TI on other projects? The other chap I found on google had the problem with a different vst so potentially this could occur with numerous vsts.

Any advice would be very much appreciated..