Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 26.11.2004, 08:31 PM
Pro
Pro

Default 2 questions about the TI

----- Question 1 -----
I've been looking at the physical design of the TI and it looks a lot different to the Virus C. They have replaced knobs with buttons - does this mean more menu hopping?

----- Question 2 -----
Also, do you think that generally it's a good thing to get the first new synths off a production line or wait a few months until any bug issues are resolved before buying?
Old 26.11.2004, 08:52 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Default Re: 2 questions about the TI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smag
----- Question 1 -----
I've been looking at the physical design of the TI and it looks a lot different to the Virus C. They have replaced knobs with buttons - does this mean more menu hopping?
Don?t know. More features, less knobs. Maybe, maybe not

Quote:
----- Question 2 -----
Also, do you think that generally it's a good thing to get the first new synths off a production line or wait a few months until any bug issues are resolved before buying?
I bet you will be able to update it so go ahead and buy it now if you like. The bugs will be fixed in future OS?s...
Old 26.11.2004, 09:26 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
----- Question 1 -----
All Virus's - the A, B, C, and TI - have 32 knobs.
Old 26.11.2004, 09:41 PM

With reference to your second question. Alot of the parts that the TI uses are on the Virus KC. The kinda things that go wrong are knobs/buttons/keyboard etc f*$&ing up. Even during the production run of Virus KC's there were a number of hardware changes (i.e. the noisy headphone output was replaced with a noise free one! The Black keys on the KC were improved.). I have no problem buying the first virus TI to roll off the production line....there is VERY little than go wrong with it 'cos its using tried and tested parts.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 26.11.2004, 11:59 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
----- Question 1 -----
No - it means a lot less, as the TI has a much better screen, and 3 editing knobs below it. This means that 3 parameters can be viewed at once, as opposed to just one in all previous incarnations.

Quote:
----- Question 2 -----
You may as well get it as soon as you can. In the unlikely event of some dodgy components, you can be sure that Access will address the situation as painlessly as possible.

As for bugs, well it's unlikely that any serious ones will survive beyond the release date, and in my experience, Access will generally provide fixes for serious bugs within a matter of a day or two.
Old 27.11.2004, 12:15 AM

Of all the synth manufacturers out there there are only two that I trust to address problems. 1) Access and 2) Ken (MacBeth). Both make incredibly reliable machines and should anything go wrong they ALWAYS address the issue in a speedy fashion.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 27.11.2004, 12:28 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Of all the synth manufacturers out there there are only two that I trust to address problems. 1) Access and 2) Ken (MacBeth). Both make incredibly reliable machines and should anything go wrong they ALWAYS address the issue in a speedy fashion.

DS
Yes, you can tell Ken Macbeth loves his synths which is a good sign. People seem to get really prompt, personal service from him and he's prepared to give out his own e-mail address.

On the TI desktop model though I swore it had fewer knobs, maybe it's just the new layout.
Old 27.11.2004, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS

DS
Yes, you can tell Ken Macbeth loves his synths which is a good sign. People seem to get really prompt, personal service from him and he's prepared to give out his own e-mail address.

On the TI desktop model though I swore it had fewer knobs, maybe it's just the new layout.
Ive got Ken's home phone number lol.....Ive spoken to him quite abit about his designs and hes given me alot of advice as to how to start building my own analogs. Hes a genuinely nice guy with a passion for synths. Whenever you come across pasionate motivated people you can always tell they give great service and products.

DS

Old 27.11.2004, 02:49 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben crosland

No - it means a lot less, as the TI has a much better screen, and 3 editing knobs below it. This means that 3 parameters can be viewed at once, as opposed to just one in all previous incarnations.

Hey Ben, TI have 16 independent delay and reverb right.... OK in multimode, can we use different clock rate for delays in different midi channels. Lets say, midichan 1 use delay 4:3 clocked 3/16 and
midichan 2 use delay 4:1 clocked 1/16. Is it possible
Old 27.11.2004, 02:55 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

this is what independent delays mean.