Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02.06.2014, 08:10 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakHead View Post
I have seen that clip before. I have made some comparisons myself and the JP8000 sounds a bit better IMHO than the virus for that "late 90s big detuned trance lead" sort of stuff. I am not sure exactly why that is, might be the high pass filter at the output, or the way JP uses prime numbers, while virus has symmetric detune, or the noise osc or the aliasing...

Quote:
I think Access has done a wonderful job at recreating this oscillator, but you be the judge now. As far as I can tell, you don't even need hardware these days to recreate similar sounds, like Diva for instance.
Yeah, the diva recreation seems spot on. The hypersaw is a different beast from the supersaw though. It's not really a supersaw copy.

Quote:
You misunderstood big chunks of my earlier post, but it doesn't really matter much. Amidst all this, I still don't know what you're looking for or having trouble doing or if you're just a technical oriented person obsessed with technology's limitations (?)... So, what is it you're trying to do?
The point of my original post was to address the first question that is usually asked when creating a supersaw. How many saw waves are wanted? First thing is of course to figure out at what point adding more saws does nothing new... That's kind of what the post was about.