Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 29.12.2007, 05:08 PM
New here
New here

Default Virus Control Issue with logic 7.0.1

Hi there, newbie here....
I purchased my virus ti desktop about 7 months ago and have been using it on my apple mac powerbook with no issues. Two weeks ago I decided to buy a mac pro. Unfortunatly since I have had the mac pro I cannot get my virus to work at all in virus control mode (the only mode I use) and as you can imagine is very upsetting. I have tried everything!! The Virus comes up with a message that the usb link is established on its display but when I open logic up and select virus as a audio unit it comes up with error messages. Audio connection failed and midi connection failed. The drivers come up as ok. Also I get a message stating that I am plugged into a usb hub and should change when I am clearly not as Im going into a usb 2.0 port at the back of my mac pro. I have tried changing usb ports and changing usb cables with no joy. I know it recomends I should use logic 7.2 (im running 7.0.1) but unfortunatly apple does not let you update anymore since 8 has arrived but this should not be the case as Im using the same setup on my powerbook with no issues. I have tried plugging it back into my powerbook and it works fine so there is no fault with the virus, but when i put back in the mac pro it wont read it. I have tried re-installing the virus software and firmware numerous times and still no luck. I think there is defnitley a usb issue but I have tried changing ports and cables with no luck. The virus updates its firmware through the usb cable with no issues and I know the ports are fine as other kit works fine on these ports. It is as if logic is not communicating with the virus at all. When i click on the support link it takes me to a page that is under construction!! I have followed all the instructions in the manual and have installed and deinstalled numerous times and now starting to get fed up. In the midi utilitties in osx the virus also shows as being linked so something is going wrong between logic and the virus but i must stress I know im not using 7.2 but this doesnt stop it from working on my other mac with the same setup (same osx 10.4). The virus does not show up in logics core audo driver as well.. I have done everything in the tutorials and manuals. Can you please help. Cheers
Old 30.12.2007, 01:42 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Have you contacted Access technical support? They are pretty good in terms of customer service.

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 30.12.2007, 01:57 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee View Post
Have you contacted Access technical support? They are pretty good in terms of customer service.
Yeah I have also sent them a email, thought I would also post here to see if anyone else had experienced similar issues. Thats good to hear that there customer service is good.

If I have any joy I will post and let you know.
Old 09.01.2008, 12:56 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

check in your system profiler what's on that USB port. I have a mac pro as well, with the virus plugged into the first usb port at the back of the computer. In my system profiler its there by itself on that usb port with no other deviced shared. my other ports, for example, are shared among devices...say, computer to display then from the display to the wacom tablet and from the display to the keyboard, then keyboard to mouse - 3 devices being chained to 1 port. That's all i can think of...
good luck
adrian