Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 11.11.2004, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

Quote:
You mean there really is a monkey that comes with the new Virus
Oh my Buddah! It's a dream come true then!

Is it possible to buy a case for the monkeys?

Nah, really the new virus is looking awesome - Even if i'd like to have one, the price of Virus C is getting really low in Sweden now.

"Virus C in mint condition + rackkit = 6500:- SEK" which is
703 Euro/905 US/96.239 Yen.

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 12.11.2004, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Interesting flowchart regards the Virus TIs integration with computers:-

http://www.gearjunkies.com/product_gallery.php?id=2277
Old 12.11.2004, 02:21 PM
New here
New here

Send a message via AIM to zooloo

hey timo

that flow chart is from Access' website

here with a bit of blurb about the TI aspect too...

z.
Old 12.11.2004, 10:47 PM
Veteran
Veteran

pre-ordered my TI from digi village today, should arrive in 3/4 weeks with first UK shipment (so ive been told) cant bloody wait

Anyone who wants the virus powercore for cheap, im selling mine on for ?199, cost ?330 new so grab a bargin. pm if interested - will post worldwide

ten
Old 13.11.2004, 04:34 AM
Veteran
Veteran

I read this comment from Marc Schlaile on another forum.

'let me clarify one important thing: the virus TI has a USB2 compatible USB interface with the speed of USB1.1 (which to my knowledge is 12mbit). the copy on our website and press release is the official recommendation from the usb.org but I get the feeling that it's being misunderstood.

there scenario outlined on the access website is _one_ of many possible configurations. to my knowledge, there is ways to offer more than 2 stereo channels and we understand that depending on the situation this makes a lot of sense.

the same goes for the possibility of sending data into the virus' sound engine, process it and send it back again.

please understand that I cannot answer all these questions right now. at the same time, postings lining out which configurations are being desired will help us to put the final touch on the TI software.'

If youre reading this Marc, you mention you would like feedback from people about what configurations they would want the TI to have. I think the most demanded will be to have all 16 stereo chans over usb each with thier own individual mixer output in the host application. I dont know if thats possible with usb 1.1 speed and I could get by with just the 2 chans but 4/6/8 or if all 16 is possible would make the TI amazing.

Theres my configuration request

ten
Old 13.11.2004, 04:40 AM

that sounds good to me too
Old 13.11.2004, 07:30 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Dude you need to read the specs...this has alteast enough for me to upgrade...i just wish i had the cash...maybe when i get my tax return

peace
Blank
Old 13.11.2004, 08:04 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten
I think the most demanded will be to have all 16 stereo chans over usb each with thier own individual mixer output in the host application. I dont know if thats possible with usb 1.1 speed and I could get by with just the 2 chans but 4/6/8 or if all 16 is possible would make the TI amazing.
The hardware outputs only provide 3 stereo outs, remember, not 16 stereo outs! I expect you will be able to route all 16 multi parts through the usb audio, but that it will be via 2 stereo busses..

-=BC
Old 13.11.2004, 08:10 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Thats my point ben. 2 stereo bus (which i take to mean 2 mixer chans in the host app) is not a lot. If the config 'can' be changed I would want each part of the 16 to have its own stereo chan and mixer chan in the host app across the usb, so this would mean 16 stereo bus's instead of 2 I belive? And wouldnt have to even bother with the normal analog outs or spdif.

ten[/u]
Old 13.11.2004, 05:20 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten
Thats my point ben. 2 stereo bus (which i take to mean 2 mixer chans in the host app) is not a lot. If the config 'can' be changed I would want each part of the 16 to have its own stereo chan and mixer chan in the host app across the usb, so this would mean 16 stereo bus's instead of 2 I belive? And wouldnt have to even bother with the normal analog outs or spdif.

ten[/u]
16 discreet stereo channels are not possible. unfortunately. the limit (to my knowledge) is 4 (or 8 mono) and of course you still will have the 3 stereo analog outs. so the outcome in any scenario is better than with the virus A-B-C series.

best, marc

(Edited -)