Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 13.11.2004, 08:05 PM
Veteran
Veteran

That would be extremely cool, marc. 6 stereo chans over usb would be fantastically better than 2 and if you can make it so im sure a lot of TI users would be very very happy

ten
Old 14.11.2004, 03:58 AM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
so the outcome in any scenario is better than with the virus A-B-C series.
well we'd kind of hope so

6 stereo outs via usb would be just dandy
Old 15.11.2004, 12:38 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten
That would be extremely cool, marc. 6 stereo chans over usb would be fantastically better than 2 and if you can make it so im sure a lot of TI users would be very very happy

ten
in fact it is 4 stereo channels, not 6 (sorry about that). 4 is exactly what you have in terms out hardware ins and outs as well. i think 4 is more than OK - i never ran into a situation with my KC where is _really_ needed more and with the TIs 16 delays and reverbs this chance is even smaller now

marc
Old 15.11.2004, 01:12 PM

Quote:
in fact it is 4 stereo channels, not 6 (sorry about that). 4 is exactly what you have in terms out hardware ins and outs as well. i think 4 is more than OK - i never ran into a situation with my KC where is _really_ needed more and with the TIs 16 delays and reverbs this chance is even smaller now
no complaints here so far marc... besides the fact it hasnt arrived yet
Old 15.11.2004, 02:29 PM
Veteran
Veteran

marc, sounds good.....does that mean its gonna ship with with the option of having 4 stereo bus's over usb or are you just saying it is possible to have 4 but its not implemented? and yes I would be ecstatic with 4 stereo chans over usb, shouldnt need anymore!

thanks for all the info btw, its great to have you access guys on here.

ten
Old 15.11.2004, 02:54 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten
Thats my point ben. 2 stereo bus (which i take to mean 2 mixer chans in the host app) is not a lot. If the config 'can' be changed I would want each part of the 16 to have its own stereo chan and mixer chan in the host app across the usb, so this would mean 16 stereo bus's instead of 2 I belive? And wouldnt have to even bother with the normal analog outs or spdif.

ten[/u]
The 16 parts mixed inside your sequencer via a theoretical usb2 link would sound just the same as they would be mixing in your viurs. You probaly desire the 'vst plugin' per part. I wouldn't dream of loosing the analog outs, I say give us at least 2 more (4 stereo) and while your there make the drivers access all of them, not just 2 (1 stereo buss). There are those of us who prefer 'real hardware plugins' than vst ones.

*edit* On the other hand, if all parts were avaliable in your sequencer, you could buy extra/better hardware outs and like you say, have no dependancy on the virus outs.
Old 15.11.2004, 03:13 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Oh dont get me wrong, I didnt mean get rid of the analog outs I just meant you wouldnt have to use them (or I wouldnt

Personally Id prefer to do it all over usb instead of combining the usb chans with the analog chans, thats why id love to see a couple more over usb but I also appreciate lots of other people are happy with the classic way of doing things.

I sold my virus powercore to get the TI and I guess im spoilt with the ease of use of soft synths now, I sold my an1x and jp8080 to get the virus powercore because I couldnt stand midi and recording audio tracks from external synths, every sound needing recording over and over because they only have one output etc. Everything is done in the final mixdown with softies, just fire up several instances and having all your settings saved etc was great, no messy sysex pish And thats the reason id love them to squeeze a couple more over usb for this ease of use. And im sure a lot of people like me who were bought up with software only feel the same about this, and so the TI would appeal to a wider audience and thus sell access more synths

ten
Old 15.11.2004, 05:13 PM

- 80+ voices
- VST-instrument
- prog. arp
- real multimode with 16 diff. D/R
- wavetabel osc
- etc. etc.

this is a killer synth.
Old 15.11.2004, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten
And thats the reason id love them to squeeze a couple more over usb for this ease of use. And im sure a lot of people like me who were bought up with software only feel the same about this
yeah i tend to agree on this one.
im really impressed with the idea of all patch parameters being saved within the song.... anything that speeds up workflow is a big positive for me.

but im certainly not too worried if i have to use both the analog and usb outs to get what i need
Old 20.11.2004, 01:53 AM
Pro
Pro

Default TI

How many osc can we use at same time? Is it like 3osc and sub or 5osc and sub? 5osc(3 viri osc+hypersaw+wave table)