Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22.11.2012, 06:59 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by namnibor View Post
You are welcome! I thought you might like this info as well re: adding an Evolver Desktop to PolyChain to your MEK with minimal space utilized. You can get them on ebay used for like $400. BUT MAKE SURE it has had the upgrade to O.S. 3....this was ONLY for the Evolver Desktop Module to make it completely backward compatable with MEK/PEK and was NOT just a simple sysex dump as it firstly required paying $25. usd to DSI for the pic/eprom like chip to be exchanged THEN doing the sysex dump. This info is on DSI website and even for $35. plus shipping and prepaid shipping back to you DSI will do it for you!!!! SWEET! This placed programs/presets that are also on MEK/PEK in order to polychain AND it gives ALOT more midi cc's controlling abilities outside of just polychaining rather than the former's sysex exclusivity.
Lastly, if you do NOT know this already, there's a FREE download from both DSI and/or do a web search for this COMPREHENSIVE EVOLVER USER MANUAL a motivated lover of the Evolver did that is SO GOOD, even DSI gives it seal of approval and it comes from a musician's mindset rather than DSI's engineering view....it has openned up a whole new universe of using the MEK and is what actually prompted me to purchase a MEK to add to my firstly purchased Evolver Desktop: "The Definitive Guide To The Evolver" by Anu Kirk and can be downloaded for free http://jinsai.blogspot.com/2005/10/d...o-evolver.html It's a labor of love and hope this helps you as it is what should have come with it and yes, it applies to all varieties of the evolver series.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Robert
Hello Robert, you've asked me if I was the tweakhead from another forum on some thread here, I'm not eheh. But it's ok. How's the music making going?
Best regards